• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce showed nothing today

Martin

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He's missing open guys even when he has time!  What is so hard to understand about this?  If Bryce was getting pummeled every pass attempt, I could accept this narrative, but *shock* the OL occasionally does their job in pass pro and he STILL can't hit a WR more than 10 yards away consistently.

I may call into Ellis' show this week.  He's being a complete homer about this and should be called out on it.

Is Greg Olsen also being a homer?

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Someone needs to tell John Ellis that's not how it works.  Air yards and YAC are not at all related.  YAC has nothing to do with the QB, and air yards have nothing to do with the receiver.

In TB5's single season in Carolina, he averaged 7.2 Air Yards per Attempt.  We all said Teddy had no arm and couldn't throw deep.  We were children.

BY is averaging 4.7 Air Yards per Attempt.  It's so ludicrously bad I understand why we have people still trying to defend him.  It can't really be this bad, can it?  I'm afraid so kids.

It's another example of a great college QB who currently looks like they just can't play at this level.  Twelve months from now we'll know for sure.  It's going to be a long 12 months.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Is Greg Olsen also being a homer?

Yep, him too.  Greg's a Great dude and identifies as a Panther for life, so he's not going to badmouth the QB.  It's easier to scapegoat an entire unit than an individual.  Granted the OL play has not been great, but that does NOT leave Bryce blameless.  Actually I would say some of the OL woes is directly because of Bryce.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Someone needs to tell John Ellis that's not how it works.  Air yards and YAC are not at all related.  YAC has nothing to do with the QB, and air yards have nothing to do with the receiver.

In TB5's single season in Carolina, he averaged 7.2 Air Yards per Attempt.  We all said Teddy had no arm and couldn't throw deep.  We were children.

BY is averaging 4.7 Air Yards per Attempt.  It's so ludicrously bad I understand why we have people still trying to defend him.  It can't really be this bad, can it?  I'm afraid so kids.

It's another example of a great college QB who currently looks like they just can't play at this level.  Twelve months from now we'll know for sure.  It's going to be a long 12 months.

Bridgewater has better receivers, and wasn't playing behind a misschemed OL.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Yep, him too.  Greg's a Great dude and identifies as a Panther for life, so he's not going to badmouth the QB.  It's easier to scapegoat an entire unit than an individual.  Granted the OL play has not been great, but that does NOT leave Bryce blameless.  Actually I would say some of the OL woes is directly because of Bryce.

How about Kurt Warner?

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

How about Kurt Warner?

QB sticking up for another QB.  Funny how he points THIS week's Houston game and our game.  Context is everything.  Why? Top 2 defense in the Cowboys (as you well know) versus a bottom 10 defense in the Cardinals whom the Texans played. 

So yes, Stroud had more time, but I would dare to say he was more accurate too.  Stroud did throw picks, but he also won his game in spite of it.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, Car123 said:

He is a boring quarterback zzzzz. I stopped watching after we made it 17-10. I checked the score an hour later and I thanked God I didn’t watch the rest.

Small ball sucks in general but Young’s brand of small ball is the smallest and most boring I’ve ever seen. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

QB sticking up for another QB.  Funny how he points THIS week's Houston game and our game.  Context is everything.  Why? Top 2 defense in the Cowboys (as you well know) versus a bottom 10 defense in the Cardinals whom the Texans played. 

So yes, Stroud had more time, but I would dare to say he was more accurate too.  Stroud did throw picks, but he also won his game in spite of it.

So just to be clear, everybody who doesn't agree with you on Bryce, regardless of qualification, is being dishonest for some reason.

Gotcha 🫥

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

So just to be clear, everybody who doesn't agree with you on Bryce, regardless of qualification, is being dishonest for some reason.

Gotcha 🫥

I mean, people in the media are still defending Fields.   So...... 

Not dishonestly, but trying to deflect for the *golden boy* position. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is any of the criticism of what's surrounding Young invalid?

Make the affirmative case for Bryce Young yourself. Don't rely on analysts. What has he actually shown that's even remotely promising? He can't throw deep. He has no zip on short/intermediate routes. His screen passes are so lazy defenders routinely take them back for touchdowns. He has zero chemistry with receivers not named Adam Thielen.

What flashes has he shown?

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I mean, people in the media are still defending Fields.   So...... 

Not dishonestly, but trying to deflect for the *golden boy* position. 

Very few are still defending Fields, but either way Fields has at least had time to show who he is.

If you just want to say "well he sucks", that's pretty easy to do and doesn't really require any digging or analysis.

If you actually want to get at the truth, it's a little more complicated than that.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Flames 1