• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Schemes, Running Game & Blocking FYIs

Bear Hands

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

So you think Fitt made all these acquisitions without approval from the coaches?

Im not defending Fitt, but we all know the coaches signed off on each of these players they brought in. That’s just how the NFL works.

I mean, I think Frank "approved" of Bryce Young.  You can look at that a bunch of ways.  I mean, Frank's O cupboard was also bone dry.  Fitterer got him bodies.  That's Fitterer's job.  I don't think a retread fired Frank Reich off Rhule is slinging a lot of weight in Carolina.  They just had that experiment. Sheepish Frank early on in the season has pretty much confirmed that IMO when he gives insights to how he is being treated by this front office.   I think the Panthers, not Frank, have made a lot of decisions that Frank has "approved".  Frank Reich doesn't look and sound very happy with his employment.   

that's just my gut take of how things are in an overcorrection Carolina after Rhule.   I mean, no matter who you want to spin it....end of the day, this front office is making moves that don't align with what the O wants to do.  Which is a massive red flag in any org.   And Frank came out the gate hard being a 180 from Wilks.   Fitterer didn't know that?   Or he did?  Some are bending over backwards for Fitt.  End of the day, no matter how you might defend or deflect for Fitt.....he ends up being either being a pointless yes man to every human he encounters or he is just a bad GM.   There just is no argument for him to be here.  There isn't a positive.   He is either making bad decisions or he can't stop his all powerful HCs from making them (and no one is buying Frank is that)

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Based on the arguments you're making, that part seems pretty obvious 😄

I mean, not much of an argument is needed what I argue these days. 

Scott Fitterer is a bad GM.  There is only really one human on this vast board that is going to take great issue with such. 

Frank Reich isn't a good coach. 

Tepper is bad owner who hires poorly (see Rhule, Frank, Fitt) 

We did a poor job this offseason in terms of adding talent for what Bryce/Frank would be doing. 

It's largely Frank's O we are running. 

Carolina Panthers are a bad football that team that sells and spouts a bunch of bologna to the masses.  Because that's what bad teams do.  There declarations don't mean much so don't carry a lot of weight in arguments.   And they have proven that. 

Only you take issue with these "extreme" takes lol. The reason I have been right about so much the past couple years about what is going to happen (and it largely has played out how I called it)....is because my takes are boring.   Last 2 seasons have played out almost exactly as I called them.  Babe Ruthing it.  There is no homerism in them anymore.  The bad here is painfully obvious.  Happy Thanksgiving.  

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, not much of an argument is needed what I argue these days. 

Scott Fitterer is a bad GM.  There is only really one human on this vast board that is going to take great issue with such. 

Frank Reich isn't a good coach. 

Tepper is bad owner who hires poorly (see Rhule, Frank, Fitt) 

We did a poor job this offseason in terms of adding talent for what Bryce/Frank would be doing. 

It's largely Frank's O we are running. 

Carolina Panthers are a bad football that team that sells and spouts a bunch of bologna to the masses.  Because that's what bad teams do.  There declarations don't mean much so don't carry a lot of weight in arguments.   And they have proven that. 

Only you take issue with these "extreme" takes lol. The reason I have been right about so much the past couple years about what is going to happen (and it largely has played out how I called it)....is because my takes are boring.   Last 2 seasons have played out almost exactly as I called them.  Babe Ruthing it.  There is no homerism in them anymore.  The bad here is painfully obvious.  Happy Thanksgiving.  

Can't help noticing there sure is an awful lot of writing being done in these threads containing debates that you "don't care about winning" 😄

Enjoy your Thanksgiving too, dude.

56 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I think Frank "approved" of Bryce Young.  You can look at that a bunch of ways.  I mean, Frank's O cupboard was also bone dry.  Fitterer got him bodies.  That's Fitterer's job.  I don't think a retread fired Frank Reich off Rhule is slinging a lot of weight in Carolina.  They just had that experiment. Sheepish Frank early on in the season has pretty much confirmed that IMO when he gives insights to how he is being treated by this front office.   I think the Panthers, not Frank, have made a lot of decisions that Frank has "approved".  Frank Reich doesn't look and sound very happy with his employment.   

that's just my gut take of how things are in an overcorrection Carolina after Rhule.   I mean, no matter who you want to spin it....end of the day, this front office is making moves that don't align with what the O wants to do.  Which is a massive red flag in any org.   And Frank came out the gate hard being a 180 from Wilks.   Fitterer didn't know that?   Or he did?  Some are bending over backwards for Fitt.  End of the day, no matter how you might defend or deflect for Fitt.....he ends up being either being a pointless yes man to every human he encounters or he is just a bad GM.   There just is no argument for him to be here.  There isn't a positive.   He is either making bad decisions or he can't stop his all powerful HCs from making them (and no one is buying Frank is that)

Yes, I think Frank is a complete yes man when it comes to what players to get. 

I get it though. When the team plays bad you don’t want the coaches blaming you. You want them to have the exact players they asked for.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Fitterer continued to build a roster for an offense that wasn't suited or catered to what Frank/Young would be doing this year and would want to do in the future going forward.   You intentionally attempt to not comprehend that.  Because it highlights how inept Scott Fitterer is.  How dysfunctional our front office and Fitterer CONTINUES to be post Rhule.    What you are doing is simple and easy to understand. 

I'm just not understanding what you keep talking about in regards to "building an offense" for what Frank/Young wanted would be doing.

I think we all agree throwing Moore into the trade with Chicago was something that Tepper at least signed off on, if not encouraged.  

Free agency started on March 15th. Panthers were by all reports all in on stroud until they had dinner with him on March 22nd, when SOMETHING in the national/beat writer conversation changed. And then the draft happened on April 27th. So he had a month, starting a week after the start of free agency, so do....what? Like what moves are you saying he didn't do? 

Are you upset about him signing Thielen? That seemed to work out. Chark was probably someone Staley wanted due to their connection in Detroit. Sanders was someone Reich wanted for whatever reason. There was an attempt to resign Forman but I've heard conflicting reports about whether he was asking too much or they were lowballing him. 

No one here is defending Fitterer. He has to go. But no one is quite understanding the point you're trying to make. And quite frankly I have no idea what you're talking about.

What moves did Fitterer not make that he could have, given the timeline and the likely late change to Bryce in the predraft process? 

To me, all this seems like a Coach and a GM had an idea of how the team was going until the owner just decided to change everything at the last second. It completely fits Tepper's MO up to this point and his reputation that is coming out more and more. 

Real extreme lol.  I mean, frankly I go back and forth with you because I find it fun. It's not about winning a debate.  No one can convince you of anything.  I'm under no illusion of that.  

So you're laughing, actually?

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I'm just not understanding what you keep talking about in regards to "building an offense" for what Frank/Young wanted would be doing.

I think we all agree throwing Moore into the trade with Chicago was something that Tepper at least signed off on, if not encouraged.  

Free agency started on March 15th. Panthers were by all reports all in on stroud until they had dinner with him on March 22nd, when SOMETHING in the national/beat writer conversation changed. And then the draft happened on April 27th. So he had a month, starting a week after the start of free agency, so do....what? Like what moves are you saying he didn't do? 

Are you upset about him signing Thielen? That seemed to work out. Chark was probably someone Staley wanted due to their connection in Detroit. Sanders was someone Reich wanted for whatever reason. There was an attempt to resign Forman but I've heard conflicting reports about whether he was asking too much or they were lowballing him. 

No one here is defending Fitterer. He has to go. But no one is quite understanding the point you're trying to make. And quite frankly I have no idea what you're talking about.

What moves did Fitterer not make that he could have, given the timeline and the likely late change to Bryce in the predraft process? 

To me, all this seems like a Coach and a GM had an idea of how the team was going until the owner just decided to change everything at the last second. It completely fits Tepper's MO up to this point and his reputation that is coming out more and more. 

So you're laughing, actually?

Or looking for an exit from an argument he's losing 

34 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

it’s simple. 

The point: Scott Fitterer is a bad GM who shouldn’t be here.   We have a bad front office. 

Mr Scott disagrees with that point.  

so we dance in a pointless circle on that from thread to thread because Scott Fitterer does have a defender here.  I big defender

*Miles Sanders and Hubbard don’t fit a Bryce Young/Frank collab. There are threads and threads where that was discussed entering the season.  They are early down runners.  We were going to be living in the gun and pass heavy.  We needed to prioritize 3rd down style RB.  Pass pro.  Route running.  And you cans go watch QB school or whoever and watch folks highlight the poo routes, pass pro, etc by them all over the place. 

Thielen doesn’t actually work.  We force feed our entire pass game to him.  So he has empty stats on a sheet. He doesn’t have the skill set to actually be in the slot role he is in at this point. 

Chark was always pointless.  He is a one trick pony and that trick wasn’t going to be part of the act.  Bryce was going to be playing 20 yards of the field and small ball.  Chark doesn’t run the routes well Bryce would need.

Said coming in, Bryce 100% needed small ball skill talent.  That’s what we would be doing. It was painfully obvious.  He doesn’t have a single player for it.   Again, those QB School breakdowns just echo this too.  How all the routes are slow.  It’s not even just Theilen.  He gets the most heat because we put our pass game through him.   

It’s a painful marriage on every level.  There was no real vision or plan and we are seeing the results. 

• Pie 1