• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

eagles waving derrick Barnett

micnificent28

51 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I have days and moments like this too...

It's the product of a bad FO. We all know it at this point.

I was one of the "Give Scott a chance as GM now that Rhule is gone." Well his moves have looked all too similar to the Rhule era crap. Possibly worse.

It's time to move on. It won't happen because for all Tepper's impulsiveness he fails to see the obvious quickly enough.

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's the product of a bad FO. We all know it at this point.

I was one of the "Give Scott a chance as GM now that Rhule is gone." Well his moves have looked all too similar to the Rhule era crap. Possibly worse.

It's time to move on. It won't happen because for all Tepper's impulsiveness he fails to see the obvious quickly enough.

U know damn well tepp running the show in the FO. Clear as day when Tep said he forced the trade to #1 months before the draft.

39 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

U know damn well tepp running the show in the FO. Clear as day when Tep said he forced the trade to #1 months before the draft.

I don't think the evidence we have so far supports that at all. He is actively involved but the instances of him being conclusively linked to many(or any) personnel decisions are minimal. 

I think he is just a general pall over the organization by consistently sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong nor does it help the situation. Case in point with the weekly meetings with Tepper after the games. What could that possibly accomplish? If you don't trust the guy you hired, why did that hire happen?

Same with the "All Star Staff" that the ownership supposedly did have a hand in selecting, despite not many of them being linked or really known well by Reich.

That is the kind of meddling that will torpedo a franchise.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think the evidence we have so far supports that at all. He is actively involved but the instances of him being conclusively linked to many(or any) personnel decisions are minimal. 

I think he is just a general pall over the organization by consistently sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong nor does it help the situation. Case in point with the weekly meetings with Tepper after the games. What could that possibly accomplish? If you don't trust the guy you hired, why did that hire happen?

Same with the "All Star Staff" that the ownership supposedly did have a hand in selecting, despite not many of them being linked or really known well by Reich.

That is the kind of meddling that will torpedo a franchise.

He doesn't have to "run the entire show". Influencing major decisions like top draft picks and top free agents is all that a typical "hands on owner" would really care about.

He's not going to want to do the background on a fifth cornerback or a long snapper. That stuff is boring so it can be left to the coaches and the personnel people.

But it's the major decisions, the stuff that galvanizes the fans, that will interest such an owner.

And sadly, influencing those things is also all it would take to royally screw things up 😕

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He doesn't have to "run the entire show". Influencing major decisions like top draft picks and top free agents is all that a typical "hands on owner" would really care about.

He's not going to want to do the background on a fifth cornerback or a long snapper. That stuff is boring so it can be left to the coaches and the personnel people.

But it's the major decisions, the stuff that galvanizes the fans, that will interest such an owner.

And sadly, influencing those things is also all it would take to royally screw things up 😕

Yeah and I don't think it is rare for an owner to have SOME input. But these are supposed to be decisions that your FO and coaching staff ultimately make and pitch the case. Not some Dan Snyder-esque fantasy football gone wrong BS.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and I don't think it is rare for an owner to have SOME input. But these are supposed to be decisions that your FO and coaching staff ultimately make and pitch the case. Not some Dan Snyder-esque fantasy football gone wrong BS.

Snyder was at one point convinced to step back and let football people run things, but then got back into the thick of it reportedly because he "wasn't having any fun".

I'm not sure if it's about fun or ego for Tepper. I'm leaning towards ego.

He admitted that the reason he hired Rhule was because he believed he could come in and "show everybody how it was done".  Still think he ultimately wants to be seen as the reason for our success.

• Beer 1