• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Certified Clown Show - 3 head coaches fired in-season in 4 years.

hepcat

Unbelievable that two seasons in a row David Tepper has fired a coach in-season. Within the last 5 seasons he has fired 3 head coaches in-season. He is a clown.

Reich was a BAD coach but he should have had a chance to finish the season. Rivera had bad starts in his first two seasons and both times finished strong. Panthers already have a rep for being garbage and now it’s certified and registered with the government.

The real person who should be fired is Scott Fitterer and David Tepper should take a trip to Pittsburgh and not come back. 

I feel like he needed fired mid season to evaluate players and others now. Who knows, perhaps there is a wilks here who can properly motivate the players and scheme better and we actually get to see some guys shine and develop. What if one of them could be Bryce Young? I'm excited to see how the team does with anybody else at the helm and see if anyone turns out to be a pleasant surprise sort of like Foreman became

6 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I feel like he needed fired mid season to evaluate players and others now. Who knows, perhaps there is a wilks here who can properly motivate the players and scheme better and we actually get to see some guys shine and develop. What if one of them could be Bryce Young? I'm excited to see how the team does with anybody else at the helm and see if anyone turns out to be a pleasant surprise sort of like Foreman became

It's sad that the exact scenario you described happened last year and Tepper decided not to run it back. To me it doesn't matter what happens the rest of the season because Tepper won't see the value in it. 

This one was incredibly stupid and short sighted. No good head coach candidate will want to come here now. Rhule was given too long of a leash and needed to be fired after his second season. And Rivera was only kept around for continuity at the time. Tepper is too hasty when he needs to wait, and waits too long when he shouldn’t. Whatever he does, he manages to do wrong. Just wait for him to move the team because he doesn’t have fan support for his shitty product. I think the NFL has wanted this franchise moved for a while which was part of the public lynching of Jerry Richardson for about a decade going back to making him the villain in cba negotiations, but before that he was always viewed as a family oriented players owner who connected with players based on being the only owner to play in the league. The NFL wanted a newer, richer owner with no local connections to open up the possibility of a move. Don’t ever forget they made a Broncos fan head official for our Super Bowl against the Broncos.

I will say, Frank should've been jettisoned weeks ago as he showed almost immediately that he was in over his head and had no clue what to do here. There is zero reason to hold onto him any longer.

Rivera - Cam made him, he has continued to show he's average at best. It was time for him to get his papers.

Rhule - Talked his way into an extra year that he should not have gotten. 

I would rather rip the bandaid off when a clear mistake has been made versus hold onto Reich hoping that he will magically be the opposite of what he has always been and set us back even further.

Speaking of setting us back even further - all of this is for nothing if Fit isn't given his papers as well. This roster from top to bottom is totally void of talent, and he made all of the moves to create it. 

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

It's sad that the exact scenario you described happened last year and Tepper decided not to run it back. To me it doesn't matter what happens the rest of the season because Tepper won't see the value in it. 

The guy is a financial genius who allows his ego to get in the way. As smart as he is he better do a self assessment and check that ego soon.

14 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

The guy is a financial genius who allows his ego to get in the way. As smart as he is he better do a self assessment and check that ego soon.

He won't. If anything I expect he will get even more involved. We might see him on the sidelines on gameday holding a clipboard at this point. 

To be fair, Rivera should of been fires the first year Tepper got here, we were all begging for Matt Rhule to be fired a year earlier, and now obviously Frank is a disaster. I'd think it would be more upsetting If he hadn't have fired 3 coaches in 4 years.