• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper interfering with playcalling

ncfan

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So like, yeah I get it Tepper bad, meddling, eww, blah blah blah.

But, at the same time, if those types of plays were Young's bread and butter in college and Reich just kind of ignored it, Reich absolutely needed to be fired.

We as fans have noticed these players not being put in the best position based on play calling alone, I'm sure our scouts and FO people have too, and Reich's reaction was "Nah, my scheme can't do that"?

Yeah, fire him, move on from this dinosaur and his archaic offensive scheme.

It's kind of twofold...

Reich not wanting to incorporate something that might help his quarterback is consistent with his asking offensive line personnel to run a blocking scheme that doesn't fit their skill set.

Both are baffling decisions coming from someone who stated up front that he wanted to build the system around the players, not vice versa. It sounds like in reality the system was king. That's just not a good way to operate.

On the flipside, I'm also not a fan of personnel people interfering in coaching matters, especially if it comes down from the top.

Dianna Russini has consistently conflated Tepper and the front office in her recent reporting, which gives me the impression Scott Fitterer might be safe. If he's serving as a "trickle down" for Tepper's ideas though, that's not good.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

So let me get this straight.

Reich McCown and Staley want Stroud. Fitt and scouts want young.

Reich makes an offense for Stroud and doesn't adjust it for Young. 

Horrific failure ensues.

Did Reich sabotage Young?

There is no proof anywhere that Young wasn't the consensus #1. Anything posted about that is pure speculation. Plus that is stupid, Reich would know sabotaging Young would sabotage his job here. 

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Seriously what coach or player is going to want to come here?

But hey.  We got Beyoncé and a “full stadium (of opposing fans)”

IMG_7222.jpeg

I call BS. He had the first pick, if he wanted CJ he would have taken him first. Excuses excuses.

On the play calling it’s well documented Tepper does that poo, dating back to the Rivera era. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

If Fitts stays on this might explain how he was able to save his own neck.

In her most recent reports from The Athletic, Dianna Russini has been talking about the front office and ownership like they were a single unit.

If that means that Fitterer is in lockstep with Tepper, then yes I can see him staying.

3 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

There is no proof anywhere that Young wasn't the consensus #1. Anything posted about that is pure speculation. Plus that is stupid, Reich would know sabotaging Young would sabotage his job here. 

Kinda seems to me like that is exactly what happened. Why not use power and RPOs? Why is his scheme more important than helping Bryce?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

In her most recent reports from The Athletic, Dianna Russini has been talking about the front office and ownership like they were a single unit.

If that means that Fitterer is in lockstep with Tepper, then yes I can see him staying.

Fitts is a yes man who through his tenure has given away major capital and brought in zero sustainable depth. Of course teppers going to keep him around cause he does what Tepper wants. Not what’s good for football operations. 

• Pie 2