• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why are people saying Frank Reich

BY9Franchise

19 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

Never ran an RPO offense? He was the offensive coordinator for the 2017 Eagles who road the RPO that made Nick Foles a SB MVP?

He was the OC but the HC built and ran the offense. He never called the plays from what I have read.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

Reich is earing 9M a year through 2026 from both the Colts and Panthers!

18m per year total to do nothing he pulled a good con

I would have taken the money over coaching either team too. The HC doesn't usually run the team so it's not like he hired and payed himself. Getting out of a contract with that much cash is a solid move for him and his, especially given the situation.

He did a bad job but it was also a bad job.

Edited by Waldo

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I would have taken the money over coaching either team too. The HC doesn't usually run the team so it's not like he hired and payed himself. Getting out of a contract with that much cash is a solid move for him and his, especially given the situation.

He did a bad job but it was also a bad job.

There is a LOT that solid coaching can make up for and coaches turn teams around all the time his fat checks ✔️  

Just now, BY9Franchise said:

There is a LOT that solid coaching can make up for and coaches turn teams around all the time his fat checks ✔️  

And there is a lot it can't cover up also.

Nothing about a job with the Panthers sounds great. Millions vs working for the Teppers and their dysfunction? Only a young guy would tough that out to try and keep his career off life support.

As others have said, Pederson was the brains behind the offense. Reich's job was to relay to the QB and essentially more hands off with playcalling.

And, well, as this season has shown, he's out of his element both in design and practice. He seemingly showed zero ability to be effective when it comes to playcalling and coming up with innovative designs. 

His firing was well warranted. Whether you believe in Bryce Young or not, Reich did him no favors by being inflexible to Young's strengths, and the offense as a whole.

• Pie 1

I posted this in CRA's thread with the Kyle Bailey tweet that got this thought process going before seeing this thread:

Kyle Bailey gave more insight on his show yesterday about this tweet. It's not to imply that Frank has never run RPO (which he clearly has) - moreso it's that when people inside the organization brought up this idea he basically just said "no that's not something I want to do here".