• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

1 hour ago, Adb6368 said:

I completely agree. And that does make me nervous. However a hand full of those players were lazy, some had no interest in football, and others were a mental midget. 

I don’t think Bryce is any of those things. My biggest worry is the mental midget part and him losing confidence a la Zack Wilson (Bryce is 10x the prospect Wilson was). 

I truthfully believe he’ll figure it out. I could be dead wrong. That’s why it’s a game. But I’ve watched enough of the good (in college) to think the skills are in there somewhere, we just need the right people to bring it out. 

This is what I am leaning my hat on and the fact there is nothing we can do about the past and we know Bryce will be the QB here next year at least and maybe two seasons.  

The other thing I am leaning my hat on is maybe Bryce will be one of those QB's who end up being good when the game slows down for them.  Also, I do think Bryce overall doesn't look good right now is due to the roster, oline and the coaching staff.  

Time will tell.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

This! Totally this!

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021/11/a-deeper-look-at-alabama-qb-bryce-youngs-downfield-passing-threat.html

Bryce has never been accurate on deep throws. During his best statistical year at Alabama, he completed only 36.1% of passes 20 yards or longer. That is freaking atrocious. For comparison, Tua's completion rate at Alabama on passes 20 yards or longer was 57.1%, and Mac Jones' was 58%. 

I don't know how scouts and evaluators missed this. That should have been a red flag, shouldn't it?

20-yard throws Comp. Att. % Yards Y/A Y/C Drop
2021: Young 10 33 36.1% 416 12.6 41.6 9%
2020: Jones 29 50 58% 1,279 25.6 44.1 8%
2019: Tua 17 35 48.6% 659 18.8 38.8 3%
2018: Tua 24 42 57.1% 944 22.5 39.3 2%
Source: SECStatCat            

Surprise, surprise. Color me shocked. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

Have you read the anonymous scouting reports from prior to the draft? They panned Young. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tepper was the only one in the league even considering him. 

lol so either you didn't watch the whole video or you only picked out what you wanted to hear. This my friend is called "confirmation bias". You should look it up, and try to reverse that trait out of your psychology. It is not a good trait to have.

• Beer 1

On 12/7/2023 at 3:51 AM, BenjaminBreeg said:

Bryce looked giddy there because he knew he had pulled off a historic swindle with the help of the Bama hype machine. 

Now we know why he didn't run the 40-yard dash or throw at the combine.

He probably drank two gallons of water and used cans of hair spray to stiffen hair before they measured him. I bet his eyeballs were practically floating in their sockets from all that water weight.

Well played, Bryce, well played... 

It was actually kool-aid if you really needed to know because you clowns are known to be gullible like roasting chestnuts on an open fire, s2 style. I even put ketchup on my steak when we ate prior to the draft. I feel bad ruining the steak but i had to seal the deal. Now lets cue the music so i can show off my moves along with my winning stats that you guys cannot resist.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:38 PM, RayRedd said:
On 12/4/2023 at 5:50 AM, Billy Love said:

No O line, No receivers, no HC, no team leadership, no organizational culture, no plan and a rookie QB struggles…I’m not shocked.

Sounds a lot like the Giants...

...DeVito is making a go of it.

The legend grows!

tommy-cutlets-20231208072454-1200x900.thumb.webp.baec3f7f90b8f101b611ef705476a79e.webp

• Beer 1

Bryce looks, acts, and plays like a spoiled rich kid who has spent his entire life bouncing between thousand dollar a day qb camps and elite high schools and colleges where he was always surrounded by the best players and has never faced a shred of adversity.

Dude is Zach Wilson without the arm talent and maybe even less comfortable around black people. 

he is so fuging checked out. 

• Pie 1

On 12/3/2023 at 9:10 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce is bad. I honestly didn't blame much on him earlier on the year. You can't help your height or your arm strength. But here recently it just seems like he could care less. He's just going through the motions and cashing his checks. Seems to me like no one has held him accountable for his shortcomings and he's bought into the excuses. He's fine, it's everything else that's broken. No sir. I've been saying if since pre-season. Bryce is a BIG part of our offensive struggles.

In fairness in this one post you contradicted yourself.

Either you didn't blame him much earlier in the year OR you had been saying he was a big part of the struggles since preseason....

18 minutes ago, aGDevil2k said:

In fairness in this one post you contradicted yourself.

Either you didn't blame him much earlier in the year OR you had been saying he was a big part of the struggles since preseason....

I don't blame him in that I think he's putting in the work. All a player can do is be coachable and put in the work. If you're doing that and failing then it's either a coaching issue or a talent evaluation issue. People here think I hate Bryce and I don't. He seems like a legit good guy. He's just not an NFL QB and that's on the Panthers for drafting him.

I was willing to be patient with him early on but honestly it was pretty clear this wasn't gonna work out pretty early on. You either look like you belong or you don't. The eye test can lie where guys with the physical talent look good but ultimately don't lan out but it's a lot harder to point to the guys who simply looked overmatched who ultimately panned out.

• Beer 1

On 12/12/2023 at 5:17 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't blame him in that I think he's putting in the work. All a player can do is be coachable and put in the work. If you're doing that and failing then it's either a coaching issue or a talent evaluation issue. People here think I hate Bryce and I don't. He seems like a legit good guy. He's just not an NFL QB and that's on the Panthers for drafting him.

I was willing to be patient with him early on but honestly it was pretty clear this wasn't gonna work out pretty early on. You either look like you belong or you don't. The eye test can lie where guys with the physical talent look good but ultimately don't lan out but it's a lot harder to point to the guys who simply looked overmatched who ultimately panned out.

Actually you do hate him but can't admit it on here cause you are a mod. I read enough from your posting to know it's true. Doesn't matter, not Bryce fault they traded their only elite playmaking receiver like its no big deal. He's making Field look so good that there's a post now to trade for the Bears starting QB thinking he can do the same here Lol oh the irony is so thick that most posters here are clueless on what is needed to win games.

On 12/7/2023 at 11:54 AM, grateflday said:

This is what I am leaning my hat on and the fact there is nothing we can do about the past and we know Bryce will be the QB here next year at least and maybe two seasons.  

The other thing I am leaning my hat on is maybe Bryce will be one of those QB's who end up being good when the game slows down for them.  Also, I do think Bryce overall doesn't look good right now is due to the roster, oline and the coaching staff.  

Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Actually you do hate him but can't admit it on here cause you are a mod. I read enough from your posting to know it's true. Doesn't matter, not Bryce fault they traded their only elite playmaking receiver like its no big deal. He's making Field look so good that there's a post now to trade for the Bears starting QB thinking he can do the same here Lol oh the irony is so thick that most posters here are clueless on what is needed to win games.

Bryce currently sucks. Recognizing it is not hate. Deal with that fact.

15 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Yeah, I'm definitely known as someone here who bites my tongue and is afraid to say what I actually think. 😂

Believe whatever you want. I don't care. 

14 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Bryce currently sucks. Recognizing it is not hate. Deal with that fact.

I have stated more than once he's been struggling as a rookie but i would NEVER say he can't play in the NFL like many here do or that it was a mistake to draft him. The was the RIGHT pick but i have criticized many times on here that the TRADE to move up was horrendous! Only a FOOL would trade not only 2 1st round picks plus our ONLY true playmaker that NO other team would do. Even the 49ers refused to trade any of their playmakers and they had plenty but was willing to trade 3 1st round picks plus more change just to move up to draft Trey Lance. The fool is our GM and he should have been fired immediately for doing just that!!!!