• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the tinfoil hat crowd...

Mr. Scot

I truly can't imagine a more toxic relationship that Harbaugh and Tepper. I think they would grow to despise each other. I just can't see that dynamic working out, and I fully blame Tepper for that. 

That being said, I don't want any coach w/ full control. It just doesn't work in the modern NFL, there is too much homework and scouting that needs to be done by the scouts and GM, both in and out of season. \

To me what makes the most sense is first hiring a GM with a strong background in scouting and a proven track record. Then you let the GM pick the coach that fufills the vision they have for a team. That way your GM is feeding players to a coach that will use them properly. It's simplistic but the Eagles have pretty much perfected this. 

• Pie 1

FYI: Adam Johns (longtime Bears beat writer) wrote in the Athletic that if the Bears make a change at head coach this offseason, their candidate list "starts and ends" with Jim Harbaugh.

There have been behind the scenes reports that the Chicago job is his top choice. If so, and if Matt Eberflus is fired, this one might be academic.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: Adam Johns (longtime Bears beat writer) wrote in the Athletic that if the Bears make a change at head coach this offseason, their candidate list "starts and ends" with Jim Harbaugh.

There have been behind the scenes reports that the Chicago job is his top choice. If so, and if Matt Eberflus is fired, this one might be academic.

Not before he interviews with Tepper to gain that sweet, sweet leverage for better contract.

19 hours ago, SOJA said:

I truly can't imagine a more toxic relationship that Harbaugh and Tepper. I think they would grow to despise each other. I just can't see that dynamic working out, and I fully blame Tepper for that. 

That being said, I don't want any coach w/ full control. It just doesn't work in the modern NFL, there is too much homework and scouting that needs to be done by the scouts and GM, both in and out of season. \

To me what makes the most sense is first hiring a GM with a strong background in scouting and a proven track record. Then you let the GM pick the coach that fufills the vision they have for a team. That way your GM is feeding players to a coach that will use them properly. It's simplistic but the Eagles have pretty much perfected this. 

Harbaugh would bring along a GM that shares his vision and does all the heavy lifting

Harbaugh is THE only scenario that would save this sinking ship. He brings a culture that this team sorely needs.

• Flames 1