• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Flames 9pm

KingKucci

Historically bad goalie play. The team is still just off.  Listened to XM radio this morning. Apparently we have gone back to Orlov and pesce being out of place and it’s causing Slavin and burns over skate. Also, the talking heads said a few of the forwards are skating very very lazy. Mentioned necas actually. They said he is just way too careless with the puck. I believe a few of here have made that observation.   

Personally, I think Orlov doesn’t fit here and was a bad signing. The other issues can be corrected. However, we have to make a trade for goal scoring and goalie. If that means trading Orlov pesce Drury or necas and Raanta/Koochie, we have to do it. Our window is gonna slam shut with this current roster  it’s just not good enough  

Anyways.  Let’s go canes. I guess. 

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Not sure. Just had it on for a sec on the way to work 

but it echoed just what the guys said on TNT between the periods.  

If it was early it’s morning skate. There are some shows on there I like and some that I don’t and a few that I wouldn’t even turn on during playoff season. I like Under Review and The Power Play. Not big on The Point and some of the non-daily shows. 

Under Review is one of the best call in shows in sports radio. Mick Kern is a dick. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

If it was early it’s morning skate. There are some shows on there I like and some that I don’t and a few that I wouldn’t even turn on during playoff season. I like Under Review and The Power Play. Not big on The Point and some of the non-daily shows. 

Under Review is one of the best call in shows in sports radio. Mick Kern is a dick. 

The yes no maybe so guy?  Love that show!

• Pie 1

The Canes got curb-stomped by a 9-12 team last night. I have no confidence they can beat a 10-12 team with a better D than Edmonton.

That being said, as others have pointed out, the Canes are streaky and there's no better time than now.

As for everything else that's not happening with this team- far as I'm concerned it's the best team in the NHL on paper. Problem is, the game is not played on paper. Dundon and Waddell can start tearing this whole thing down for a retool tomorrow and I'd be okay with it.

My trade bait list: Necas, Drury, Martinook (UFA). Pesce, DeAngelo. Both Raanta and Kochetkov.

I don't see Orlov going anywhere with a $7.5M salary for the next 2 years, otherwise, I'd add him to the list as well. The first 4 guys on that list could bring in some serious talent.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

The Canes got curb-stomped by a 9-12 team last night. I have no confidence they can beat a 10-12 team with a better D than Edmonton.

That being said, as others have pointed out, the Canes are streaky and there's no better time than now.

As for everything else that's not happening with this team- far as I'm concerned it's the best team in the NHL on paper. Problem is, the game is not played on paper. Dundon and Waddell can start tearing this whole thing down for a retool tomorrow and I'd be okay with it.

My trade bait list: Necas, Drury, Martinook (UFA). Pesce, DeAngelo. Both Raanta and Kochetkov.

I don't see Orlov going anywhere with a $7.5M salary for the next 2 years, otherwise, I'd add him to the list as well. The first 4 guys on that list could bring in some serious talent.

An upgrade in goalie is a must and should be the number one priority, after that a sniper. I agree with your trade list but who is gonna want Raanta or Koch, for that matter add NoD DeAngelo to the list. Yes the first four should bring in some serious talent. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

So does Aanti go back to back, or do we try the seive again?

Who knows. It doesn’t look like we morning skated and Rod hasn’t talked to the media nor is there in indication when he will. I’m guessing probably 7-7:30ET. Our media circle has been quite quiet today. Like nothing at all. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

43 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Didnt we sign a goalie off of waivers? 

Off the FA list as a tryout. We “mutually parted ways” before thanksgiving. I’m guessing he wanted more money than we were offering, he also didn’t want to move the fam down here. Plus at that point I don’t think he would have seen the net. Probably wasn’t top notch in goal either. I still think we should have let him try a few games before deciding. Halak would have been a serviceable 2. 

• Beer 1