• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This team sucks

Panthers Fan 69

Too much consistency has created this imo. 

Too consistent a playoff team means guys have more minutes on their legs and more heartbreak of being close but not good enough to win it.

Too many of these guys have been here playing together for a while, which has created some complacency imo.

Bad team, bad time.

• Beer 1

Post game from rod last night 

“"Not good enough. We've got a lot of guys that aren't pulling their weight. It's plain and simple."

Aho Necas Definitely Orlov. Orlov and necas need to ride the pine. 

there is going to be a trade for a goalie soon. It has to. 

This is the sad part. We are about to fall out of the playoffs…

IMG_0121.jpeg

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Here's the good thing. We are deep as far as talent. Teams would murder to have the problem we have.

We can package a couple of big pieces for a starting goalie...if we are wise. We can replace the goal scoring, but we absolutely cannot survive giving up bad early goals and blowing leads instantly after we get them.

We're putting amazing d in front of our net. Third fewest shots against in the league currently, worst save % in the league by our goalies collectively.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, lightsout said:

Here's the good thing. We are deep as far as talent. Teams would murder to have the problem we have.

We can package a couple of big pieces for a starting goalie...if we are wise. We can replace the goal scoring, but we absolutely cannot survive giving up bad early goals and blowing leads instantly after we get them.

We're putting amazing d in front of our net. Third fewest shots against in the league currently, worst save % in the league by our goalies collectively.

We do limit the other teams shots but it appears to me we let a sh*t ton of those shots be grade A’s.

• Beer 1

This is what scared me about all the Canes pre-season Cup picks 

No matter if it's the Panthers or Canes, we can't handle being the favorites, anytime we are expected to win, we blow it 

Even though our inconsistencies in net have been a glaring problem for a while 

I have always known we won't win the cup without a Vezina calibre goalie, we are like the Bolts before they got Vas

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

49 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

This is what scared me about all the Canes pre-season Cup picks 

No matter if it's the Panthers or Canes, we can't handle being the favorites, anytime we are expected to win, we blow it 

Even though our inconsistencies in net have been a glaring problem for a while 

I have always known we won't win the cup without a Vezina calibre goalie, we are like the Bolts before they got Vas

Dude, that poo mortified me as a Panthers fan. I am all too familiar with preseason expectations falling flat. It was funny, I knew Canes fans chirping about that spot at #1 but I was sweating bullets.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, DavidEng said:

We do limit the other teams shots but it appears to me we let a sh*t ton of those shots be grade A’s.

I think that's a result of our system and the uptick in mistakes/inconsistency. We absolutely run a high risk/reward forecheck. Transition chances and getting off schedule with changes leads to us giving up good looks.

There needs to be a message sent. Start pulling up some guys. Guys getting scratched for a few games could be the shot in the arm they need.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1