• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mailing it in after 27 years

osd22

4 hours ago, osd22 said:

That’s it for me. Been a die hard fan since 1996. Tepper broke this franchise. He wiped out our identity. Him and Nicole meddling with football operations destroyed the immediate future of this team. 

I spent tens of thousands of $$ over the years flying in from Germany and later Canada for games, home and away. Stayed up nights for prime time games. Just sat in my seat during the heavy downpour in Tampa last week, when 95% of the crowd went inside. Was trenched like never before. 

I never thought this was possible, but I am cancelling the Panthers with immediate effect. I will find a team that gives my family and me joy on Gamedays. Thanks David and Nicole, you probably have no idea what you have done to thousands of fans like me. 

To the Huddle, all the best! 

You will be back to Waller in the misery with us. 

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

“All I did was call them an asshole. I didn’t say it in a positive or negative light. If someone doesn’t want to be an asshole, then don’t. If you want to be one, that’s cool, too.”

Assholes can be cool so yeah. It’s all about perception. Bandwagoners have their place. 

5 hours ago, Varking said:

This is the literal definition of a bandwagon rider lol .

Bandwagon fan is all the people that started showing up for Panthers games in 2015 saying they had been there all along. Nobody "jumps on the bandwagon" for 3 decades and watches only 7 winning seasons in all that time. David Tepper has poisoned this franchise and its fanbase. If someone wants to walk away from this toxic mess, I don't blame them. At this point the only hope I have left is some ridiculous scandal forces the sale of the team. 

• Pie 1

Appreciate all the feedback, positive and negative. Glad we can have a civilized discussion with different points of views. 

I wish these players, coaches, staff, but most importantly fans all the best. Of course I hope there will be better days ahead, but I have no illusions this ownership is capable of producing anything substantial positive for this great fanbase. Tepp will continue milking loyal fans and giving them the middle finger at the same time. 

The decision to cut ties after almost three decades is extremely tough and I will have a lot of explaining to do to my social circle. But at the same time it feels right, it’s a new start. 

Most of you have been great and it will be strange going forward without the Huddle and the Panthers. But in the end, it’s just a game, a hobby and there are a million things more important in life. Y’all take care and keep pounding!

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Varking said:

I am allowed to call out what it is. I said it was a bandwagon rider definition. I didn’t say it in a positive or negative light. If somebody doesn’t want to be a bandwagon fan, then don’t. If you want to be one, that’s cool, too. 

Its still not bandwagon. 27 years is not bandwagon. Could one call him a quitter? Yes. Even that though I would be had pressed o insult him after what appears to be him flying around the world to attend games REGULARLY. Who among us can say they flew around the world REGULARLY to attend games? Not drove a few hours or flew in once in a while but flew around the world on a regular basis to attend games. Its at least impressive so it would be hard for me to even call him a quitter. I owuld have to tell him to take a break for the rest of the season and see how he fells next season.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're going into an absolutely pivotal off-season. This fanbase is definitely teetering on the brink. We don't have generations of diehard fandom to lean on like a lot of other franchises. Winning fixes everything but Tepper has definitely turned a LOT of fans off.

In years past even when we were bad you saw a lot of folks rocking Panthers gear. I live within an hour and a half of BOA and I find myself doing a double take anytime I see someone wearing Panthers gear out and about. I've caught myself turning my Panthers gear into work clothes this year. Haven't bought any new gear since the team was sold. Can't see that changing anytime soon.

I just took the Panthers logo off of my NFL jacket, to ashamed to be seen in public with it on

• Pie 1