• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s QBR now barely higher than JaMarcus Russell’s

TN05

13 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

What I don't get is why they defend him so strongly. Are they former Bama fans? Did they go to high school with Bryce? Are they such diehard Panthers homers they support every aspect of the team no matter what? Does that mean they also think Tepper can change? Rhule and Reich were good? Clausen needed more help?

It baffles me why they are so stubborn about this one kid.

If fans of any franchise should understand what a QB1 that truly elevates the team feels like, it should be us.  That type of fervent defense made sense with Cam's first 2 years because he was showing such mad potential. People were still bashing him for his character, celebrations, etc. but we were growing as a team and starting to have crazy fire on offense.  He was lifting the entire offense so it made sense for a lot of people to tell the detractors to pipe down with their relentless critiques.

Bryce isn't giving us even a glimmer of feel in that department.  I just don't get it other than true Bama fans or just the types that will refuse to put heavy critique on their QB (which those do exist in a lot of fanbases)

Rookie wise, on a Clausen(1)-Cam(100) spectrum, I'd say we are at about a 10-15

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

If fans of any franchise should understand what a QB1 that truly elevates the team feels like, it should be us.  That type of fervent defense made sense with Cam's first 2 years because he was showing such mad potential. People were still bashing him for his character, celebrations, etc. but we were growing as a team and starting to have crazy fire on offense.  He was lifting the entire offense so it made sense for a lot of people to tell the detractors to pipe down with their relentless critiques.

Bryce isn't giving us even a glimmer of feel in that department.  I just don't get it other than true Bama fans or just the types that will refuse to put heavy critique on their QB (which those do exist in a lot of fanbases)

Rookie wise, on a Clausen(1)-Cam(100) spectrum, I'd say we are at about a 10-15

Cam would be dead by week 8 on this team lmao. We would probably win the NFC south but that wouldnt be saying much.

• Poo 2

39 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Cam would be dead by week 8 on this team lmao. We would probably win the NFC south but that wouldnt be saying much.

I just can't say that/really don't think it's the case, and it's not because I'm trying to bash Bryce.  I just think Cam elevated the team THAT much as a runner and playmaker.   

Never forget how bad they took a turn when Kalil got injured in 2012.  Byron Bell, Hang'man, Amini as a rookie, and a rotating door at RG.  That was baaad.  Cam was a QB1. 

On 12/12/2023 at 8:05 PM, Newbie said:

Bryce missing a wide open Mingo should’ve ended this type of discussion. The kid sucks, we screwed up, let’s move on. 

Mingo route was not accurate so Bryce didn't know what he was doing. You only break route if the QB scramble out of the pocket. That is text book 101. Besides he has no seperation speed whatsoever which might explain why he breaks route like a stray cat as a way to confused the guy who is covering him. DJ never does that cause they can't keep up with him even if its a straight go route. Now Fields is finally benefitting from that speed.