• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where we were vs. where we are.....

BeenPounding

I didn't want Wilks last season. I thought it would be great time to turn the page and bring some new age offensive football in. I didn't realize how much this team needed Wilks. I can't imagine he will ever be back, but if he was our next HC I wouldn't be too upset about it. I will always wonder what his plan for the 2023 Panthers was....

The dumbassery of not hiring Wilks, looming large considering the player support he had. 

I get that he had shortcomings and that the Tampa game defense he put out there was a huge dent in his cred.

I don’t know what went wrong, I do know there were guys playing coverage that were pretty big handicaps. And you want to say that he would learn, but he did not learn in that game. 

Still, I think he isn’t a guy to not learn, and the difference in the players was really noticeable. He was damned sight better gamble than that quarterback. 

For the crowd that still just sees a coach hire, x and o… you’ll never understand. You’ll never be able to understand what it did to that locker room when Wilks got royally screwed over.

Wilks wasn’t going to win Dave’s way, Dave was intimidated by him, and Dave knew Steve wouldn’t be bullied… I bet Dave probably tried with Wilks when he was interim coach and Steve told him to pound sand. Wilks was their guy. An alpha. A winning, black, man, alpha…. and he never even got a chance. Yeah Dave, those players can’t wait to play for you… Do you have any idea where most of these dudes come from? … oh yeah, of course you don’t. Now go do some more video game testing of tiny kids from good stable 2 parent households… good thing we don’t have any players raised by single moms. That probably wouldn’t go over too well. I promise Homer Simpson could do a better job at running this team. 

This was the worst decision in franchise history.

Evero has to be the choice if Tepper can humble himself to do it. Players take to him naturally, he exudes alpha type energy (I think…. I haven’t studied the player interactions with him enough yet). To have the defense still playing hard in this complete s*** show is notable. 

Hiring Evero *might* show the players that Dave is ok with black dudes, cuz right now, I’m sure some have their doubts. Sorry bro, it was a real bad look. 

I think we are so far down at this point, looking for the coach to take us to the superbowl isn’t our goal. We don’t need the greatest tactician. We need some damn self respect. Leadership. This will be a humbling move for Dave. Giving control to someone else. 

If Dave can humble himself and realize the mess he made and how he did it, there may be hope. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, strato said:

I don’t know what went wrong

Tom GOAT Brady to Mike (10 straight 1000 seasons) Evan’s…. with playoff implications on the line. 

Horn might have had somewhat of a chance against Evans, but come on y’all. Seriously? The greatest qb of all time throwing to a future HOF wr with the playoffs on the line. 

Evans be like ‘who else want some of Deebo?!!’

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Beer 1

Evans was unchallenged. Basically. Sad.

I meant that don’t know the plan they had for dealing with him. Blown assignments maybe? Someone didn’t hear the call, or just didn’t know the assignment?

To me, thinking that Wilks would ignore the 1st time, and the 2nd, is like thinking Reich doesn’t know what a deeper than ten yard route is. Doesn’t really compute. 

Edited by strato