• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer answers question about Adam Peters

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: Can't see it in my post of course, but there's a link within that article to this article...

The reasons why David Tepper ultimately fired Frank Reich

Very informative article if you haven't seen it...

There’s a block in that article that I’ve been trying to tell people but I’m just gonna leave it as is…all I will get back is “bullshit” from the clown pic people

I find this entertaining.  Sports Illustrated ranked the top Head Coaching candidates right now, and above all of the big names (Harbaugh, Urban Myer, Belichick, whoever..) there are TWO LOCKS. And one is our own Defensive Coordinator, but he didn't even get the Interim HC position over our Special Teams Coordinator.  Man, this just screams of dysfunction.

Top NFL Head Coaching Candidates for 2024 and Well Beyond

Locks:

Ben Johnson, offensive coordinator, Lions

Ejiro Evero, defensive coordinator, Panthers

“Ejiro is a star, man. A bona fide future head coach,” an NFC coach says. “Impressive” was the first word that came on another text about Evero, whose body of work last year as the defensive coordinator with the Broncos is worth a deep dive. Denver allowed 20 or fewer points in nine games last season, but the way in which he manipulated and transformed his personnel to attack opponents on a week-to-week basis was epic. Evero has an elite coaching apprenticeship résumé, having worked under Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, Sean McVay and now Frank Reich. His quiet confidence is a respect generator. Evero was among the most sought-after defensive coordinators on the market after a series of head coaching interviews last year with the Colts and Panthers, among other teams.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

The only way a high quality prospect like that would come here is a massive contract, a deal where they get everything they want control wise and the ability to do whatever they want with the team.

I have a hard time seeing Tepper allow that let alone let it happen without fugging it up.

He's gonna have to.

Guaranteed contract, full control...that's what Lynch and Shanahan got. Hard to imagine Peters taking anything less.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's gonna have to.

Guaranteed contract, full control...that's what Lynch and Shanahan got. Hard to imagine Peters taking anything less.

Yup. And then what else can he ask for? That crew made it out of our kind of mess. I would be great to get someone familiar with the process. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: Can't see it in my post of course, but there's a link within that article to this article...

The reasons why David Tepper ultimately fired Frank Reich

Very informative article if you haven't seen it...

Very interesting article.

Hard time believing that Tepper actually stays out of what he doesn't know, as implied there...

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yup. And then what else can he ask for? That crew made it out of our kind of mess. I would be great to get someone familiar with the process. 

Or try to make a big splash.

I've wondered if he might try to make Catherine Raiche the NFL's first female GM for PR reasons.

Whether or not she's good? Don't know enough to say except she's risen to an assistant GM role in Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or try to make a big splash.

I've wondered if he might try to make Catherine Raiche the NFL's first female GM for PR reasons.

Whether or not she's good? Don't know enough to say except she's risen to an assistant GM role in Cleveland.

I'm not a fan of going to Cleveland looking for talent. Not yet. If he is still going for the big splash that is extremally concerning. It's only been 6 years but he has chewed through some volume for that time. Every hire is going to have a big price tag now but if he is still looking to wow people and not just do better than damn that really stinks. 

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I'm not a fan of going to Cleveland looking for talent. Not yet. If he is still going for the big splash that is extremally concerning. It's only been 6 years but he has chewed through some volume for that time. Every hire is going to have a big price tag now but if he is still looking to wow people and not just do better than damn that really stinks. 

That Browns defense is no joke. Easily one of the best they’ve had in three decades. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which part?

The part where Dave doesn’t make the final call, puts his input in, and relies on people to do their jobs.

Its hard to believe around here but it is what it is.

I know for a fact that Marty is the one that convinced Dave that we needed to hire Rhule. That was the biggest mistake in keeping Marty on…funny people around here won’t believe it but it’s true…if the Panthers hired anyone not named Marty after Gettleman was fired than things might be different overall right now. 2016 was the beginning of how we ended up here.

• Beer 1