• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer - the athletic

mrcompletely11

It's a good read, and really reminds you that we need a new GM.

For Burns: either keep him or trade him, stop messing around.  If it looks like we were keeping him, should have paid him.  If you weren't going to pay him, then trade him.  Instead we're going to sit here with an unhappy Burns on a franchise tag instead of either moving him for picks or paying him his market value (not the huddle value).  Piss or get off the pot Scott!

• Beer 3

30 minutes ago, d-dave said:

It's a good read, and really reminds you that we need a new GM.

For Burns: either keep him or trade him, stop messing around.  If it looks like we were keeping him, should have paid him.  If you weren't going to pay him, then trade him.  Instead we're going to sit here with an unhappy Burns on a franchise tag instead of either moving him for picks or paying him his market value (not the huddle value).  Piss or get off the pot Scott!

Joe says he is still asking for $30M a season.  No chance we should pay him that.  No chance we can let him walk either.

Tag and trade OR negotiate a much better deal than $30M.   

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Joe says he is still asking for $30M a season.  No chance we should pay him that.  No chance we can let him walk either.

Tag and trade OR negotiate a much better deal than $30M.   

Nobody is going to trade for him at that are they?

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If our dumb asses arent going to pay him 30m per I doubt we can fleece another team into doing it.

I think that's the one thing we have in our favor.   His market value must have dropped by several million a year based on his play this season.  There is nothing that justifies his contract demands.  

All we can do is play chicken with him after a franchise tag unless he accepts a reasonable offer prior. 

Letting him walk for nothing isn't an option.

• Pie 1

The real funny part about the Huddle and Fitterer is that a lot of posters on here that are now bashing him were so excited to have a "real GM" during his first draft where he traded back so much. People were ecstatic about how he "worked" the draft adding more lower picks while a few of us were saying passing up higher caliber players for more low talent players was a mistake.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I would be shocked if the tag works with Burns. His best play is to wait it out and then sign a prove it deal with a contender to raise his value on a better team. Fritterer already messed up twice with Burns so I don't see him allowing a tag and trade at this point. Playing here for a year already cratered his value so WTF would he sign up to do that again when they are facing a large rebuild process...or more of the same BS. 

Get ready to watch him walk for noting. Fritterer already screwed the pooch on this one way to hard. I still can't believe people were asking to give this guy a shot after the quality of work he did for years here. Yes man or just an idiot, same difference. 

Just now, jayboogieman said:

The real funny part about the Huddle and Fitterer is that a lot of posters on here that are now bashing him were so excited to have a "real GM" during his first draft where he traded back so much. People were ecstatic about how he "worked" the draft adding more lower picks while a few of us were saying passing up higher caliber players for more low talent players was a mistake.

I never understood the quantity over quality concept that he adheres to.  Seems pretty stupid quite honestly. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

I would be shocked if the tag works with Burns. His best play is to wait it out and then sign a prove it deal with a contender to raise his value on a better team. Fritterer already messed up twice with Burns so I don't see him allowing a tag and trade at this point. Playing here for a year already cratered his value so WTF would he sign up to do that again when they are facing a large rebuild process...or more of the same BS. 

Get ready to watch him walk for noting. Fritterer already screwed the pooch on this one way to hard. I still can't believe people were asking to give this guy a shot after the quality of work he did for years here. Yes man or just an idiot, same difference. 

How exactly would that work?  He sits for 2 full years?

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

How exactly would that work?  He sits for 2 full years?

At worst 1 year. A new GM would probably rescind the tag then have that poo show on his hands. Easier to just blame Fritterer and just move on. That milk was already spilt even now. How to create a terrible image at a new job would be a public fight that some other idiot was already losing. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I never understood the quantity over quality concept that he adheres to.  Seems pretty stupid quite honestly. 

It is when you don't have quality starters in place, which the Panthers didn't have except for a couple of positions. They needed starters everywhere, so taking higher talent players made a lot more sense but I remember Fitt also saying except for the top 15 or so players, he considered the talent level for the rest of the draft about the same. That should have been a huge red flag for people too, but it wasn't.

Now, if you have talented starters and just need decent backups and bench guys, then yeah, quantity over quality can work since you want those guys to be cheap anyway.