• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper being “incredibly accountable” behind the scenes

Martin

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I saw an article where 40k people showed up to watch the Texas 6a HS championship game. They had over 200k attendees for all of the HS championship combined. Fuging HIGH SCHOOL games are drawing more attendees than Tepper's NFL team.

Hard to compare Texas HS football to the NFL b/c I’m almost positive that ppl in Texas care far more about their HS football than the NFL

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, bandu said:

so let's say he hires Ben Johnson tells him who his starting QB already is & to basically design an offense for just that sole purpose.& moreover who is DC & ST coaches are more than likely going to be on his staff.

Frank Reich wanted CJ Stroud & dipshit wanted Bryce Young so what happened to Frank he got Bryce Young & the boot for not fixing dipshits fug up.

just saying he hasn't learned anything  because he is fixing to do the exact same thing pretty much once again.

People in the fanbase have been running with the idea that Frank wanted Stroud but there has been absolutely nothing concrete to back that claim up lol(and no liked tweets from his angry daughter isn’t evidence lol). There were articles last offseason way before the draft citing people close to Frank saying he was a Bryce Young fan even in the fall of last year. I believe PFT had that article. Also, some of the most trusted reporters we have around this team has said it was unanimous. 

It’s very easy to blame Tepper, and I think he does deserve a lions share of it for hiring Frank in the first place but it’s also incredibly irresponsible to absolve Frank of his piss poor coaching job by just going “omg Frank didn’t get the QB he wanted so that’s why he failed” because that simply isn’t the case. He did a poor job coaching, specifically in what was his “specialty” and that’s just that. It’s two seasons of evidence to back that up (which again why even hire him Tepper? But alas)

I feel the same way about Fitterer. Again, it’s easy to blame Tepper and he deserves it but let’s be for real, that man is not in the war room telling Fitterer to pick DJ Johnson,  Jammie Robinson, Terrace Marshall, etc.  Hell, that much is on video. Blaming Tepper is easy and deserved but Fitt, Frank, Rhule etc. have just as much blame in this as anyone. 

Edited by BlackPanther22
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

People in the fanbase have been running with the idea that Frank wanted Stroud but there has been absolutely nothing concrete to back that claim up lol(and no liked tweets from his angry daughter isn’t evidence lol). There were articles last offseason way before the draft citing people close to Frank saying he was a Bryce Young fan even in the fall of last year. I believe PFT had that article. Also, some of the most trusted reporters we have around this team has said it was unanimous. 

It’s very easy to blame Tepper, and I think he does deserve a lions share of it for hiring Frank in the first place but it’s also incredibly irresponsible to absolve Frank of his piss poor coaching job by just going “omg Frank didn’t get the QB he wanted so that’s why he failed” because that simply isn’t the case. He did a poor job coaching, specifically in what was his “specialty” and that’s just that. It’s two seasons of evidence to back that up (which again why even hire him Tepper? But alas)

I feel the same way about Fitterer. Again, it’s easy to blame Tepper and he deserves it but let’s be for real, that man is not in the war room telling Fitterer to pick DJ Johnson,  Jammie Robinson, Terrace Marshall, etc.  Hell, that much is on video. Blaming Tepper is easy and deserved but Fitt, Frank, Rhule etc. have just as much blame in this as anyone. 

at the end of the day David Tepper has to change because he like the others are not going anywhere.so if he continues to do the same things over & over  again I don't see how the situation in Carolina will improve.if he tells Ben Johnson or whoever or whomever you want to insert there as the next head coach it doesn't really matter as long as David Tepper is deciding who the starting QB is & along with who the coaches staff should be & who we should draft, etc. is my point

18 minutes ago, bandu said:

at the end of the day David Tepper has to change because he like the others are not going anywhere.so if he continues to do the same things over & over  again I don't see how the situation in Carolina will improve.if he tells Ben Johnson or whoever or whomever you want to insert there as the next head coach it doesn't really matter as long as David Tepper is deciding who the starting QB is & along with who the coaches staff should be & who we should draft, etc. is my point

Look I hear you and I agree, I just kind of think people see Tepper as a Jerry Jones in that he personally picks players and put this roster together himself, and I just don’t think that’s true. One, because I don’t think he’s smart enough to do that and two, we have video evidence of that not being the case w/Scott and co making selections. There are organizations where the owner is the GM, and thankfully we haven’t gotten there yet (and hopefully we never do). 

When we signed Darnold there were reports Tepper wanted Fields and in 2020 there were reports he liked Herbert and neither ended up here (the Fields example is more relevant because we could’ve picked him). But I agree with the overarching point that he has to be better because he isn’t going anywhere. To me, the first step in showing that is firing Fitt at the end of the year. I don’t mind that he hasn’t fired him yet because like I’m of the mindset that there isn’t much a interim GM can change in the middle of a lost season but as long as he cuts him loose at the end of the year, I’m good. 

56 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

& one other thing yeah that's complete BS on your part to say he wasn’t in the war room.David Tepper & his wife were at Bryce Youngs pro days & took him our to dinner on & on .& then in the second round he calls Steve Smith Sr. & asks him who we should draft in the second round.

so  by then he was done & ready to just call it day I guess according to you 

Edited by bandu
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, bandu said:

& one other thing yeah that's complete BS on your part to say he wasn’t in the war room.David Tepper & his wife were at Bryce Youngs pro days & took him our to dinner on & on .& then in the second round he calls Steve Smith Sr. & asks him who we should draft in the second round.

so  by then he was done & reday to call it day I guess

They were also at dinner with Stroud? What’s your point? 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, bandu said:

so  by then he was done & ready to just call it day I guess according to you 

Did I say he wasn’t in the war room? I said he wasn’t in there telling Fitterer to draft all the poor players that he’s drafted over the past 3 seasons lol. Relax. Tepper and Nicole were at all the QB pro days and had dinner with all of them so it wasn’t just Bryce’s.

I’m not tryna give Tepper a pass but this man did not assemble this roster and draft the players that has been on this roster the since Fitterer got here lol. Also, Josh Norris (who we know is buddies w/Josh McCown) is on video saying he talked to a ‘source’ saying the Panthers had Mingo graded high as hell lol. Dan Morgan is on video urging Fitterer to draft Jammie Robinson, etc.  So again, before you get all tight,  I’m not denying Tepper had input but the scouting staff clearly had high grades on these players too. 

Tepper deserves blame yes, but my point is Fitterer assembled this roster, not the owner. 

35 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Owners going to dinner with top prospects is nothing new. They are the owner they can do it, when Kraft goes to dinner with Drake Maye does that raise red flags?

lol it's really funny that you mention Kraft as an example because I often listen to Florios podcast & a few months back he was talking about how different of an owner Kraft was  in comparison to Tepper