• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

State of our Hurricanes

Panthers Fan 69

Canes have played bad, average, well and everything in between. Goalie play is very bad. Very bad. Watching the game..and many others this year…this team is has three issues.  Goalie. Very bad this year. 2….defense. It’s just missing it.  3. We are old in key spots.  The extra 4th is goal scoring. It was good tonight but could have been 4 goals better.

Goalie play will be this teams downfall unless they make a move. Now I see why the canes went so heavy..and missed… on defense in the offseason. They aren’t that good anymore. 

unfortunately I have come to the realization after tonight. We are 50/50 to maybe get into the playoffs.  The team has become average. We lack a game changer. Aho and Slavin are close and unfortunately Svech is above average.  That’s prob where he will be. Nothing on this team is elite. Right now, for better or worse the fate of this team rests on one man. It’s not Rod, Aho, or Slavin. It’s Waddell. If he doesn’t get us players…..we are done. It’s sad, but true. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

We have basically until the end of January, IMO. If we are still all over the map and can't develop some consistency, we are definitely in trouble. 

I don't care if we limp into the playoffs provided that we are playing our best hockey the month before they begin. 

Florida last year kinda is proof of that in the NHL now...

And honestly I think they get in regardless I just want them to peak at the right time...

• Flames 1

I like to bring this up when it’s relevant and it’s relevant now more than ever.

In January of 2019, the St Louis Blues were dead last in the NHL. They then went on an improbable run and made the playoffs and eventually won the Stanley Cup… What changed you might ask, well the Blues called up Jordan Binnington and he proceeded to go 24-5-1 with a .927 save %.

All this to say that the season doesn’t start until January and if the Canes can find CONSISTENT goaltending then they’ll have a chance.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I like to bring this up when it’s relevant and it’s relevant now more than ever.

In January of 2019, the St Louis Blues were dead last in the NHL. They then went on an improbable run and made the playoffs and eventually won the Stanley Cup… What changed you might ask, well the Blues called up Jordan Binnington and he proceeded to go 24-5-1 with a .927 save %.

All this to say that the season doesn’t start until January and if the Canes can find CONSISTENT goaltending then they’ll have a chance.

My biggest issue is simply that we didn’t get 2 points vs. division rivals(pitts and islanders). Though we have a whole poo ton of division coming up those two games we really needed 2. 

Smacking Vegas up side the head doesn’t really help us in the long run. Though it sounded like Edmonton did us a solid vs. our division rivals after kicking us in the nuts in Edmonton. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Get us a goalie.  My point the whole time.  Add a goal scorer. Make an improbable situation happen twice. 

• Pie 1