• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I want to be proven wrong about Bryce Young, today is the first real step

TN05

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Who on earth would say our receiving core isn't bottom five in the league??? It's pretty close to the worst in franchise history.

No one argues that. The rare person saying that people are making such a claim typically appears to be trying to deflect from one valid topic of discussion or another.

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh you must have missed the anti-Bryce crowd from day one that wanted him to fail.

Go browse the preseason and early regular season game threads. They are pretty obvious.

Same as every offseason, we have that group of idiots that care more about being "right" on their hot takes than they do about anything Panthers success related.

Such a sad existence as a human being. "I WAS RIGHT! I TOLD YOU ALL AND I WAS RIGHT!!!!"

Meanwhile....team loses.

Well Bryce hasn’t exactly had a decent game until this week. So it’s less about rooting against the team and more about being objective. That’s how I feel anyway. Did I want CJ? Absolutely. Did I say Bryce looks like Teddy after game 1? Yes, because he did. Doesn’t mean I am rooting against him though. If he doesn’t succeed then we fail. Why would any fan want that for the sake of saying I told you so? I sure as hell wouldn’t. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Well Bryce hasn’t exactly had a decent game until this week. So it’s less about rooting against the team and more about being objective. That’s how I feel anyway. Did I want CJ? Absolutely. Did I say Bryce looks like Teddy after game 1? Yes, because he did. Doesn’t mean I am rooting against him though. If he doesn’t succeed then we fail. Why would any fan want that for the sake of saying I told you so? I sure as hell wouldn’t. 

There is a big difference in what you are saying and what others have claimed. There is a thread started where the OP is having a breakdown that Bryce’s feet left the ground on a throw during a win. It got crashed with pictures of nearly every QB doing the same.

It’s the “noodle arm, midget” crowd that gets upset when anyone says anything positive about him crying “cope” over and over again. Young has had a rough season but who cares if fans are getting excited about some of his throws/plays/traits. It’s the same couple of posters that get really active on here when he plays bad and go silent when he plays decent. 

It’s just a real strange stance for a Panther’s fan to take but who knows. Maybe some people like to be upset are just really need to be right? Being critical like you are stating is perfectly normal IMO. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh you must have missed the anti-Bryce crowd from day one that wanted him to fail.

Go browse the preseason and early regular season game threads. They are pretty obvious.

Same as every offseason, we have that group of idiots that care more about being "right" on their hot takes than they do about anything Panthers success related.

Such a sad existence as a human being. "I WAS RIGHT! I TOLD YOU ALL AND I WAS RIGHT!!!!"

Meanwhile....team loses.

These people are very few. Most people were just acknowledging the fact that Bryce looked really bad. He struggled to get zip in his passes, couldn’t feel the pressure, could read the defense etc. His surroundings were really bad but so was he. But anytime any criticism was mentioned the “you’re a hater” army came running in full force, “didn't you see that one elite throw he did (that most backups in the league can also do)?” It’s not anti Bryce, it is the reality of what he’s shown most of the season. I hope he becomes a world beater, but he’s looked awful for most of the year. Hopefully he can build on the last game, and that my friend, would be really exciting.

• Pie 3

56 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

If you don't see those guys here, you haven't been paying attention. There is absolutely plenty of "fans" that care far less about their team and it's success than being able to brag anonymously online about being "right" about a player/move/etc.

37 minutes ago, Martin said:

These people are very few. Most people were just acknowledging the fact that Bryce looked really bad. He struggled to get zip in his passes, couldn’t feel the pressure, could read the defense etc. His surroundings were really bad but so was he. But anytime any criticism was mentioned the “you’re a hater” army came running in full force, “didn't you see that one elite throw he did (that most backups in the league can also do)?” It’s not anti Bryce, it is the reality of what he’s shown most of the season. I hope he becomes a world beater, but he’s looked awful for most of the year. Hopefully he can build on the last game, and that my friend, would be really exciting.

That's just the sunshiners anymore. They shrivel at any criticism that dares to attempt to puncture their sphere of delusional perfection.

Early on the majority of non-pointless haters(aka the "I AM RIGHT" crowd) were just mostly normal fans not wanting to throw the towel in.

I was a big Bryce supporter buy I think it has become obvious that he needs an above average supporting cast to make any waves. He's basically at his best likely to be a game manager. He isn't an elite NFL QB.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Getting off that #1 is priority 1 for.  Just figure out how to win the next two and see what happens.

I think that ship has probably sailed but if we look good on offense the next two games, it will be a net positiveoving towards next year. A win or two will be the cherries on top.

We will still probably be looking at a rough offseason, I will wager. As excited as I was for last offseason, I am fuging DREADING this one.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

There is a big difference in what you are saying and what others have claimed. There is a thread started where the OP is having a breakdown that Bryce’s feet left the ground on a throw during a win. It got crashed with pictures of nearly every QB doing the same.

It’s the “noodle arm, midget” crowd that gets upset when anyone says anything positive about him crying “cope” over and over again. Young has had a rough season but who cares if fans are getting excited about some of his throws/plays/traits. It’s the same couple of posters that get really active on here when he plays bad and go silent when he plays decent. 

It’s just a real strange stance for a Panther’s fan to take but who knows. Maybe some people like to be upset are just really need to be right? Being critical like you are stating is perfectly normal IMO. 

That’s fair. As long as we are differentiating. I was called all sorts of things for pointing out legitimate concerns through the preseason and first couple of games. My concerns have been mostly validated so far. So I’m a little sensitive when it comes to these topics. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that ship has probably sailed but if we look good on offense the next two games, it will be a net positiveoving towards next year. A win or two will be the cherries on top.

We will still probably be looking at a rough offseason, I will wager. As excited as I was for last offseason, I am fuging DREADING this one.

not sure how tie breakers work but if we can get to 4 wins I dont see the cards beating philly or seattle, we just need to beat Jacksonville and see what happens with the bucs, they could possibly rest their starters if things break right for them

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly I kind of want pick 33. It’s a good trade pick because teams have all night to look at who dropped beat it might take to get them. Say Penix or McCarthy is sitting there, I could see a team trading up with us for one of them. Similar to the Titans trading up for Levis last year. The Bears getting that top pick is embarrassing, but is the long term for us it doesn’t matter if they get pick 1, 2, or 3. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

That’s fair. As long as we are differentiating. I was called all sorts of things for pointing out legitimate concerns through the preseason and first couple of games. My concerns have been mostly validated so far. So I’m a little sensitive when it comes to these topics. 

Yeah and people on both sides can be extreme about their opinions. 

• Pie 1