• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I want to be proven wrong about Bryce Young, today is the first real step

TN05

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Honestly I kind of want pick 33. It’s a good trade pick because teams have all night to look at who dropped beat it might take to get them. Say Penix or McCarthy is sitting there, I could see a team trading up with us for one of them. Similar to the Titans trading up for Levis last year. The Bears getting that top pick is embarrassing, but is the long term for us it doesn’t matter if they get pick 1, 2, or 3. 

Agree with this one, I’d love the 33rd pick if we can get it.

• Pie 1

I don't think there was some HUGE "day one fail" crowd (not as much as like Cam), but many of us, myself included, became very negative after just a couple weeks because we didn't want him in the first place, and a lot of those posters have stayed VERY negative no matter what, lol, whereas a few of us are a bit more rational (and maybe even getting excited).

It has gotten ridiculous because anything positive was met with a crowd of negativity, there's tons of really stupid, reactionary posts, etc. Especially the last two weeks, it is hard to do much other than comment on how the defenses made it easy for him or something like that, because he has actually been pretty good when it mattered most.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Honestly I kind of want pick 33. It’s a good trade pick because teams have all night to look at who dropped beat it might take to get them. Say Penix or McCarthy is sitting there, I could see a team trading up with us for one of them. Similar to the Titans trading up for Levis last year. The Bears getting that top pick is embarrassing, but is the long term for us it doesn’t matter if they get pick 1, 2, or 3. 

I really don't want this GM trading down. He is awful at it.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I really don't want this GM trading down. He is awful at it.

If it meant gathering future picks I wouldn't mind as much, lol.  Not like the people Fitterer drafts pan out so if he sets the next GM up well...

We really just need talent tho and 33 should have a ton of great options.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

If it meant gathering future picks I wouldn't mind as much, lol.  Not like the people Fitterer drafts pan out so if he sets the next GM up well...

The truth is it doesn't matter what he does. If he is making the picks, they will be whiffs.

Worst talent evaluator in the NFL.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

If you think about it, the mr "in on every trade" strategy of quantity over quality for where this franchise was never made sense.  We need more good/great football players not simply bodies.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If you think about it, the mr "in on every trade" strategy of quantity over quality for where this franchise was never made sense.  We need more good/great football players not simply bodies.

I hated that draft at the time while people raved about it. The odds of getting successful players drops every round but we insisted on collection mid and late round picks with our better picks. It was fuging infuriating and it was a fuging disaster in hindsight. 

• Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I hated that draft at the time while people raved about it. The odds of getting successful players drops every round but we insisted on collection mid and late round picks with our better picks. It was fuging infuriating and it was a fuging disaster in hindsight. 

But hey we fuged the saints out of TMJ.  thats something

• Flames 3

Just now, Martin said:

If Bryce finish strong and we have the 33rd pick, it makes us a lot more attractive to prospective GMs and HCs. The one thing that would take the wind out of the sails completely is if we keep Fitt.

Unfortunately I think the biggest factor working against us is Tepper and his reputation. There are very few coaches interested in that nonsense and the ones that likely will be are more like Reich trying to get one big cash grab.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Unfortunately I think the biggest factor working against us is Tepper and his reputation. There are very few coaches interested in that nonsense and the ones that likely will be are more like Reich trying to get one big cash grab.

Not so sure about this. It depends on what the future org would look like under a new GM. But we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Not so sure about this. It depends on what the future org would look like under a new GM. But we’ll see.

I think we already know what that is going to look like. Tepper making too many of the calls with some help from whatever powerless and hapless GM there is. All handing a pile of turds over to an overpaid head coach to attempt to polish with two hands tied behind his back.

I would love to be proved wrong but this has happened twice already.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think we already know what that is going to look like. Tepper making too many of the calls with some help from whatever powerless and hapless GM there is. All handing a pile of turds over to an overpaid head coach to attempt to polish with two hands tied behind his back.

I would love to be proved wrong but this has happened twice already.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it plays out this way, but I also wouldn’t be shocked if we hire a real GM this time. I think Tepper knows that is the right thing to do, but will he be able to put his ego aside and actually do it? That’s the question and probability is probably not that high. But…

image.png.d1f10a83a970e7c13a6164e4c4e0782f.png

• Beer 1