• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reasons to be optimistic about the 2024 offense

MHS831

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We can just restructure and extend Moton. There's no need to ship him off. He's been the best player on our line for the better part of a decade now.

Reasonably extend is fine, he's been restructured a few times it's why his hit is so high cutting/,trading him is moronic though you won't get a guy to replace his play for the 5m in savings.

• Pie 2

I wonder how AT feels at this juncture, I know after Frank's firing he was talking about reassessing the situation because of the changes.  If thats the case this offseason I say ship him to the highest taker. If he can get a 100/1000 season... all the better.  Otherwise I really would like to have him around as that safety blanket for another season as we're breaking in a new WR.

I agree about Tremble, but it's far past time to let Ian out to pasture and draft another TE (Sinnot (K State), Lachey (Iowa, duh) or Bell (FSU).

Figure out what we're gonna do with that poor investment in Miles Sanders.. Personally, I'd be for moving him and bringing in Braelon Allen (Wisky)/Bucky Irving (Oregon). Yet a side of me want's him to live up to his billing... but maybe at a reduced price lol.

Other than that keep improving the OL Depth, bring in guys that can compete for a starting spot and not just fill a spot. 

2 More games, if I keep seeing the offense improve I'm gonna get unrealistically excited about this offseason. 

I'm still not sold on Icky at LT. Moving him to guard would be worth looking at in the offseason I guess, but not having a viable replacement we're right back there.

If we can get a serviceable LT through free agency or the draft, at Icky looks stellar at guard, that'd be great improvement.

Really impressed with Chuba. Definitely a reason to be optimistic.

Bryce continuing to grow and improve, another reason. Especially if we can get a coaching staff in here early. Would like to see him do like some of the other QBs and get together with his receivers in the off season on their own for a couple of weeks and build that chemistry.

Chark finally showing up.  Thelein just needs to stay healthy and hold off father time another year or two. 

If we could get a first rounder plus anything else for Burns, I'd say go for it. Get us some help on the OL and at WR.  But don't trade away any draft capital beyond the first 4 rounds. We need depth in the worst way.

1 hour ago, bigjohn said:

I'm still not sold on Icky at LT. Moving him to guard would be worth looking at in the offseason I guess, but not having a viable replacement we're right back there.

He is not there yet, but he has the tools.  Year 3 should be the tell.  I think they asked too much of him, scheme wise--but there were times he simply got beat.  Jury is out.  I think he might make a good guard, but I also think we have to give him every opportunity to develop before kicking him inside--how long that is is debatable. 

It is going to be interesting to see what they do, but with so many (perhaps) bigger needs, I think he gets year 3 at LT by default if nothing else.  I think the light will come on. 

The game yesteday showed what the offense looks like when the pieces all work together: O-line provides enough protection, Young throws crisp passes and receivers makes plays. We don't get to face the Packers defense every week, though, so we definitely need more pieces in place. 

• Pie 1