• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey

jayboogieman

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Ikem is terrible

I'm reserving judgement until next season.  He's been bad this year, no doubt, but is it him or the circumstances?  He was one of the best rookie offensive linemen last season, but the OL was stable and he had veteran QBs then.  Now he has a revolving door at LG next to him and a rookie QB with no pocket awareness.

Just now, 45catfan said:

I'm reserving judgement until next season.  He's been bad this year, no doubt, but is it him or the circumstances?  He was one of the best rookie offensive linemen last season, but the OL was stable and he had veteran QBs then.  Now he has a revolving door at LG next to him and a rookie QB with no pocket awareness.

He's trash dawg.  He was better hidden last year.  But the dude can't pass block to save his life. Gets manhandled by stronger dudes.  Not fast enough for the smaller guys.  He stinks.  Sooner we realize it the better off we'll be.  Or we better hope a coaching savant comes and fixes him up.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He doesn't fit the zone scheme at all. That said, he's never been a good pass blocker.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Reserving judgment until next season? Why do that?

• Pie 1

Just now, Mage said:

He's trash dawg.  He was better hidden last year.  But the dude can't pass block to save his life. Gets manhandled by stronger dudes.  Not fast enough for the smaller guys.  He stinks.  Sooner we realize it the better off we'll be.  Or we better hope a coaching savant comes and fixes him up.  

How do you "hide" a LT?  Again, I'm am going to wait.  Not strong?  He's very strong, but I'll give you he's not a dancing bear.  Here's another reason for pause, one of the most respected OL coaches in the League is presiding over a train wreck.  Did Campen forget how to coach an OL?  Bozeman has looked bad this year too and while Moton is still good, is not quite up to his par level of play.

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Reserving judgment until next season? Why do that?

Because of last season.  One good year, one bad.  Recency bias is a real thing.  He's on a rookie deal. It would be a very Panther thing to do to flush a young, cheap LT because he's having a bad season on a historically bad team.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Because of last season.  One good year, one bad.  Recency bias is a real thing.  He's on a rookie deal. It would be a very Panther thing to do to flush a young, cheap LT because he's having a bad season on a historically bad team.

Just noticed your avatar, that explains a lot.... Interesting that you don't have such patience with our other young (no pun intended) players.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1