• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can there be hope with Tepper?

MGH1989

An owner in the NFL is only as good as who he hires to coach the team.

Without the hire of Bill B, Kraft is just a mid owner. He didn't scout and draft TB himself, he didn't coach those teams to SBs.

So in a double edged way, yes there's still hope for Tepper.  IF he can make the correct HC/GM pairing, or even get one right for starters he can start to redeem himself.  As an NFL owner what is gonna define you is the W/L column and hardware cabinet.. not how many concerts you bring to the area.  Winning cures all.. If he sold the team today he'd be a failure of an owner.  If down the road the team wins 3 SBs and is a contender year after year then his outlook will be markedly different.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, The_Voice_Of_Tepper said:

What about my slam dunk pick in Young? Does that not buy me some credit?

Buddy it's all good, you got sold a dream by your hopefully soon to be former chief advisor, you can admit Bryce was Fitts man crush for 2 years and conned you into green lighting it.

24 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Don’t have any evidence but I think he has/will hire Thomas Dimitroff’s outfit SumerSports. Heard a ton of people hint at it and it has a strong foundation around analytics. 

IMG_2146.jpeg

That’s all we need is more of stuff that doesn’t really work, analytics. It was reported when we first got Tepper he wanted to focus on that and it hasn’t really worked…losing season every year he has been here. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

That’s all we need is more of stuff that doesn’t really work, analytics. It was reported when we first got Tepper he wanted to focus on that and it hasn’t really worked…losing season every year he has been here. 

Analytics work, when you aren't a half brained dolt like Fitt. It's apart of the package, you take the analytics and pair them with the actual film.  Like the player who runs a slow 40 but blows past people in gametime. Analytics isn't bullsh**, we just have bullsh** people referencing them as some kind of draft easy mode button.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Steelo said:

Analytics work, when you aren't a half brained dolt like Fitt. It's apart of the package, you take the analytics and pair them with the actual film.  Like the player who runs a slow 40 but blows past people in gametime. Analytics isn't bullsh**, we just have bullsh** people referencing them as some kind of draft easy mode button.

Exactly. The analytics aren't the problem, it's the mouth breathing morons looking at the data and interpreting it in completely stupid ways. That is when analytics doesn't work.

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

6 years is a huge sample size. It's horrific.  Name one thing he's done positive.  I honestly can't think of 1 thing in 6 years. 

He brought concerts to the stadium ? 

The guy worth 18 billion or whatever it is doesn’t even have the toughness to ignore a goddamn Jaguars fan. Out of all people to let under your skin , a Jaguars fan. I’ve never met one out in the wild before and Tepper lets one get the best of him, are you kidding me….

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Rubi said:

The guy worth 18 billion or whatever it is doesn’t even have the toughness to ignore a goddamn Jaguars fan. Out of all people to let under your skin , a Jaguars fan. I’ve never met one out in the wild before and Tepper lets one get the best of him, are you kidding me….

Linde Merckpoel Vincent Byloo GIF by Studio Brussel

1 hour ago, Steelo said:

I know they are important and you make a great point about fitt not knowing what he is doing, but should it be all we care about? I feel like when Tepper is brought up and they talk about how he likes things and wants to build a team, analytics are always there, it feels like that’s all he wants. 

Literally the only positive thing I can say about Tepper is he cares about winning.

He just has zero idea to do it, or how to deal with adversity.

Bring in an actual competent GM and coach, then stay the hell out of the public eye.

If he can't do that, then we're going to be no better than a below-average team for as long as he's owner.

I've heard the reports that he's "learned from his mistakes," at least on the football side. Hopefully that's true, but it blows my mind that a billionaire in his late 60s needs to be told not to throw drinks on people.

• Pie 1