• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Carolina where QBs go to die?

NAS

2 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Similar offensive production, not styles of play.

Darnold, in 2021 with DJ Moore and Robbie before he went crazy, threw 9 touchdowns to 13 interceptions. If a game was close, he was throwing a fuging interception and we were 100% losing the game.

Bryce with the game on the line got us our only 2 wins, which is far more than darnold ever did 

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So... better than Bryce?

14 hours ago, top dawg said:

Bryce doesn't even look legit, so just about anyone young QB you can name, including Howell, appears to be a better option. 

There are a sh!t ton of QBs who were once upon a time on the Carolina roster who I would welcome back as a better option than who's there now.

What did Ron Rivera used to say? "He (insert player name) gives us the best chance to win."

If that's the philosophy of most NFL coaches, why did Andy Dalton stand on the sidelines all year, given the most offensive production the Panthers had all year, until the Green Bay game, was the game Andy Dalton started.

• Pie 2

Just now, Anybodyhome said:

There are a sh!t ton of QBs who were once upon a time on the Carolina roster who I would welcome back as a better option than who's there now.

What did Ron Rivera used to say? "He (insert player name) gives us the best chance to win."

If that's the philosophy of most NFL coaches, why did Andy Dalton stand on the sidelines all year, given the most offensive production the Panthers had all year, until the Green Bay game, was the game Andy Dalton started.

Just being honest but I don't even know if Bryce is gonna be in the NFL long-term. I don't even know if he's backup caliber. I watched time and time again as backups and third stringers took the field elsewhere and showed more promise and talent than Bryce.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just being honest but I don't even know if Bryce is gonna be in the NFL long-term. I don't even know if he's backup caliber. I watched time and time again as backups and third stringers took the field elsewhere and showed more promise and talent than Bryce.

On other teams they so. 

Baker looked like he should be out of the NFL last year he was horrendous here and he had DJ and CMC

I have low confidence in being able to evaluate any QB on this team.  

Bryce looks bad.  If Bryce gets cut or traded,  he probably becomes the next Drew Brees somewhere else. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

100% agree. Been watching this game for 50+ years and there's nothing about BY's game that gives me any reason to believe he's an NFL QB.

13 minutes ago, NAS said:

On other teams they so. 

Baker looked like he should be out of the NFL last year he was horrendous here and he had DJ and CMC

I have low confidence in being able to evaluate any QB on this team.  

Bryce looks bad.  If Bryce gets cut or traded,  he probably becomes the next Drew Brees somewhere else. 

I'm just talking about physical skill set. Bryce doesn't pass the eye test in terms of having NFL physical talent.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just talking about physical skill set. Bryce doesn't pass the eye test in terms of having NFL physical talent.

Neither does Brock Purdy 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a reason why he was Mr. Irrelevant. Unfortunately for us, Purdy looks to be a lot closer to being the type of "super processor" we were sold that Bryce was than Bryce turned out to be.

This is why you take swings on QBs after round one.  At worst they never develop.  At best you find a franchise QB.  Then you have the possibilities in between which is a cheap serviceable starter or a decent backup.  The point being, we don't take enough swings on QBs in the draft unless we are a top pick to ever develop depth.

Edited by 45catfan

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

This is why you take swings on QBs after round one.  At worst they never develop.  At best you find a franchise QB.  Then you have the possibilities in between which is a cheap serviceable starter or a decent backup.  The point being, we don't take enough swings on QBs in the draft unless we are a top pick to ever develop depth.

We've taken quite a few over the years. We just take bad ones.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We've taken quite a few over the years. We just take bad ones.

Not really, we've taken 3 top QBs and only 7 in other rounds. That's including '10 with a rare (only) double dip.  Truth be told, even though Clausen was a second rounder, we took him with the intent of him becoming the franchise QB and the reason we took Pike later in the draft to develop as his backup.  So six drafts with swings on developmental QBs in 28 years?

49 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a reason why he was Mr. Irrelevant. Unfortunately for us, Purdy looks to be a lot closer to being the type of "super processor" we were sold that Bryce was than Bryce turned out to be.

I think Purdy would look terrible in 2023 Panthers and would probably finish with a similar record.  Rookie Bryce would have played well on Shannahan’s offense under his coaching 

• Pie 1