• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First team in NFL history….

Tbe

Just now, bigjohn said:

EVERYONE had Bryce at #1 or #2.

And that was before the s2 test (although that may well have sealed the deal at #1).

Oh im sure everyone was dying to eliminate over half of an NFL playbook to accommodate the weakest arm in all of the league.

Show me these teams big board that had Bryce on it. You are going off media speculation.  

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Not only did the Panthers become the first team in NFL history to go a full season without a fourth-quarter lead…

I heard this today too, but please explain it.  They had two wins and neither were in overtime…so they led and won both in the 4th, right? 

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Oh im sure everyone was dying to eliminate over half of an NFL playbook to accommodate the weakest arm in all of the league.

Show me these teams big board that had Bryce on it. You are going off media speculation.  

Show me any reputable sources that had him being undrafted, which is basically what the folks here bashing Bryce are saying—that he doesn’t being on a roster.

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I heard this today too, but please explain it.  They had two wins and neither were in overtime…so they led and won both in the 4th, right? 

They took the lead in both with a FG as time expired. 

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Houston would have taken him 1. John McClain the Houston insider even vouched. The Bryce slander is getting stupid. He had a crap year but to state he should have been undrafted is just stupid.

Edited by Panthercougar68

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

They took the lead in both with a FG as time expired. 

Gotcha, that technically makes sense I guess.  But the two walk-off field goals were in the 4th quarter so I’d still disagree with the fact (if it made any difference lol).  
We set a lotta records this year, that’s all that really matters.

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Houston would have taken him 1. John McClain the Houston insider even vouched. The Bryce slander is getting stupid. He had a crap year but to state he should have been undrafted is just stupid.

I never said undrafted, but he was not some slam dunk #1 overall pick. To me he should have been at best the #3 QB based on upside alone. 

We should have been choosing between Stroud and Richardson, not boy wonder at #1 overall.

5 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Gotcha, that technically makes sense I guess.  But the two walk-off field goals were in the 4th quarter so I’d still disagree with the fact (if it made any difference lol).  
We set a lotta records this year, that’s all that really matters.

They never ran a play with a lead - they were behind when they kicked and then the game ended. That's the (dubious) record, that they ran zero plays in the 4th quarter while having a lead. There is no 'technically' about it.

Edited by KSpan

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

They never ran a play with a lead - they were behind when they kicked and then the game ended. That's the (dubious) record, that they ran zero plays in the 4th quarter while having a lead. There is no 'technically' about it.

It’s a meaningless stat, so nobody cares.  But “technically” the way it’s being worded is inacurate.

“Panthers become the first team in NFL history to go a full season without a fourth-quarter lead…”

They led and won 2 games in the 4th quarter (with 0 seconds left).  They didn’t run a play with the lead, that is also correct.  

I guess we’re famous for something.

1 hour ago, bigjohn said:

Show me any reputable sources that had him being undrafted, which is basically what the folks here bashing Bryce are saying—that he doesn’t being on a roster.

Everyone got it wrong. He was qb #3 for me but if the league did a redraft right now he wouldn't be in the top 5 and I'm not even joking when I say he might not go to the 5th or 6th round.

He's better than Clayton Tune I'll give you that. 

Edited by toldozer

21 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Yeah if Kyler is 5'10" then Young 5'8"

The Riot Report on X: "Here's Bryce Young next to Kyler Murray. Murray,  measured at 5'10", is wearing taller shoes and is slightly ahead of Young.  (From Oct. 2022) https://t.co/CdRWjjklnR" / X

Everyone talks about height, but look how much more built Kyler is.  Jalen Hurts squats 600 pounds and is short.  Russell Wilson is short but pretty jacked.

Bryce needs to HIT THE WEIGHTROOM HARD this off-season.  Can’t fix height but you can build muscle mass.