• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

Just now, recceice said:

Yes there are ppl here actually arguing BY being traded in this actual thread..

Well, I didn’t see those. He won’t be traded this offseason. 

Well, never say never with Tepper but it’s got to be incredibly low odds.  But I think just given the bad spot Bryce finds himself in he might not finish out his rookie contract here.  New coach alone makes that a possibility and the fact Bryce isn’t going to be a good universal for what everyone might want to do on O. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

Well, I didn’t see those. He won’t be traded this offseason. 

Well, never say never with Tepper but it’s got to be incredibly low odds.  But I think just given the bad spot Bryce finds himself in he might not finish out his rookie contract here.  New coach alone makes that a possibility and the fact Bryce isn’t going to be a good universal for what everyone might want to do on O. 

We will see..

21 hours ago, Waldo said:

Baker is in the playoff because the NFCS stink not because he is good, just good enough. Good for him but no he isn't a good QB. 

Lance appeared in 19 games in three years (edit: lol 8 games in 2 seasons, I used his school games le sigh Link I used), they knew what they had. He didn't play more because of injury and poor play. Lance is a bust for them but he has the next few seasons to try and prove he isn't a complete bust. In that situation with Purdy looking better there wasn't any reasons to keep him around and a lot of reasons to not do so.

Willis has looked awful, no where close to NFL level playable but he is on a rookie deal but also has to face a new HC (still has not thrown a TD in 11 games of play). Cam is awesome but his shoulder is done so unless someone is using him as a powerback he doesn't have an NFL future barring some kind of medical miracle. Purdy is a great fit in that system but yeah Cam was right and a lot of people still do not like that.

From start to finish, the 3 of them have played 7 games combined in the last three seasons. I'm not counting games where they came in for one play due to an injury and then came back out. QBs in the NFL play the entire game when healthy. So that's what I am counting. The entire game. Of those, there are 7 between those 3 players in the last 3 seasons. 

Seeing that to be the case, you (nor anyone else) do not know any of these things for a fact. You are just guessing that over literally any sample size something that happened in one game would hold true. If you think 7 games between them is enough of a sample size to accurately judge 3 NFL players, I don't know what to tell you.

1 minute ago, IndyPanther said:

From start to finish, the 3 of them have played 7 games combined in the last three seasons. I'm not counting games where they came in for one play due to an injury and then came back out. QBs in the NFL play the entire game when healthy. So that's what I am counting. The entire game. Of those, there are 7 between those 3 players in the last 3 seasons. 

Seeing that to be the case, you (nor anyone else) do not know any of these things for a fact. You are just guessing that over literally any sample size something that happened in one game would hold true. If you think 7 games between them is enough of a sample size to accurately judge 3 NFL players, I don't know what to tell you.

They had 2 offseasons to work with Lance. He didn't play more because he wasn't worth playing regardless of investment. Doesn't matter what you count, they have practices and off season workouts we all don't get to see. Your standards are completely arbitrary and hold no accepted value, in the fan community or coaching as far as I have ever heard. They say most should get 13 games but if they are not even startable then it's not going to take 13 games is it?

Some guys are just long shot projects and with Purdy they found a better one and no one has time for 2 projects at QB, Prudy isn't even a project anymore while Lance sure is. I know he has played poorly and I was very interested in his potential as a vocal admirer as a prospect, though I didn't like that trade for a project. The fact the 49ers already traded him speaks for itself which you choose to ignore, they are a well run contender and already replaced him while he was on the roster in that 'short time'. It was a win-win anyways, he gets a shot without that trade over his head and the 49ers get a mistake to go away and are in the playoffs without him or those picks used. He is absolutely a bust for what they paid and like I said he has a solid chance to prove he isn't a complete bust not sitting behind Darnold as #3 in SF. 

As far as Baker is 100% a known quantity in the NFL, there is zero mystery to what he brings to the table. 

Willis has looked awful, that is really not debatable, it's fact. He absolutely might not make it far with the new regime but I am assuming they at least bring him to camp. His issues were also documented in that draft 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

They had 2 offseasons to work with Lance. He didn't play more because he wasn't worth playing regardless of investment. Doesn't matter what you count, they have practices and off season workouts we all don't get to see. Your standards are completely arbitrary and hold no accepted value, in the fan community or coaching as far as I have ever heard. They say most should get 13 games but if they are not even startable then it's not going to take 13 games is it?

Some guys are just long shot projects and with Purdy they found a better one and no one has time for 2 projects at QB, Prudy isn't even a project anymore while Lance sure is. I know he has played poorly and I was very interested in his potential as a vocal admirer as a prospect, though I didn't like that trade for a project. The fact the 49ers already traded him speaks for itself which you choose to ignore, they are a well run contender and already replaced him while he was on the roster in that 'short time'. It was a win-win anyways, he gets a shot without that trade over his head and the 49ers get a mistake to go away and are in the playoffs without him or those picks used. He is absolutely a bust for what they paid and like I said he has a solid chance to prove he isn't a complete bust not sitting behind Darnold as #3 in SF. 

As far as Baker is 100% a known quantity in the NFL, there is zero mystery to what he brings to the table. 

Willis has looked awful, that is really not debatable, it's fact. He absolutely might not make it far with the new regime but I am assuming they at least bring him to camp. His issues were also documented in that draft 

We can wrap this up as we're talking in circles now, but the key difference to our opinions is this: I don't believe 2 games (and especially not practice) is enough to evaluate a player, you clearly do. We'll just have to disagree to agree on that.

Purdy has also shown himself to be a bust. Look what he did when he only had 2 future HOFers when Samuel was out.

And Baker is a starter on a playoff team while we had him as our third string behind Sam Darnold and PJ Walker. So that "known quantity" sure wasn't known by us.

Edited by IndyPanther

4 minutes ago, IndyPanther said:

We can wrap this up as we're talking in circles now, but the key difference to our opinions is this: I don't believe 2 games (and especially not practice) is enough to evaluate a player, you clearly do. Purdy has also shown himself to be a bust. Look what he did when he only had 2 future HOFers when Samuel was out.

Yeah he's really underperformed for his draft position. lol 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Dude has lost all perspective and came up with some real unique takes to justify his feelings. 

If you think needing 3 future HOFers (as in he had 2 and couldn't do anything) to score more than 10 ppg isn't a bust, then I don't know what to say.

15 minutes ago, IndyPanther said:

Purdy has also shown himself to be a bust. 

the 49ers are 17-4 with Purdy behind C. 

Brock Purdy isn't a bust even if you use the most creative mental gymnastics imaginable.  That is called a steal.   He doesn't have to be THE reason they win.  He doesn't get in there way of winning.  He isn't a problem.  And in theory, Mr. Irrelevant SHOULD be a problem if you had to play him as rookie or 2nd year player.   He is a homerun draft pick.

NFL Draft: Mr. Irrelevant players who became relevant; Brock Purdy

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, IndyPanther said:

If you think needing 3 future HOFers (as in he had 2 and couldn't do anything) to score more than 10 ppg isn't a bust, then I don't know what to say.

Picking a QB in the top 10 and not being able to be more than a journeyman is a bust. A 7th round pick, last in the draft, that plays as well as that top 10 pick isn't a bust. Ohh and Baker was a #1 pick. 

IDK what you are talking about and I never mentioned anything about HOF. I said startable, they couldn't even beat out the other guys.

You are all over the place and just making up stuff. If you feel that way fine but you are spouting off like any of that is facts. I don't know what else to say but your takes are laughable once you went to Purdy as a bust while trying to prop up Baker as more then he is...Ohh and for a bonus Wilks established here last year how to handle QBs like Darnold and Baker so TB is just following that blueprint. Run the ball and ask the QB to do as little as possible which limits the damage they can do. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I would think he’s likely gone. If the coach thinks he can build around Young we are sunk. Maybe they’ll say it just to be PC and get their guy the next year.

This team still needs to be torn down. So tired of taking these desperate shots. I’d be much happier to let a coach get settled then take a shot.