• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

All I know is we better stay away from the fired coaches this time

I want no parts of Mike McCarthy, Dan Quinn, Bill Belichick, Mike Vrabel, etc

I could live with Quinn, probably Vrabel too.

The rest? Nope.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could live with Quinn, probably Vrabel too.

The rest? Nope.

I could live with Quinn, and Belichick. Anyone else and it is at least 3 years before we contend. I think we would contend in 2025 with Belichick or Harbaugh.

Just now, philit99 said:

I could live with Quinn, and Belichick. Anyone else and it is at least 3 years before we contend. I think we would contend in 2025 with Belichick or Harbaugh.

Harbaugh? Maybe, but I still see him as a short term solution.

I think Belichick is done.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Harbaugh? Maybe, but I still see him as a short term solution.

I think Belichick is done.

Harbaugh is a short term solution, Bill as well. I'd rather avoid going that route.

Why do people want Dan Quinn?  He couldn't turn the Falcons into a consistent winner and he had a franchise QB there.  The Super Bowl year was driven by Kyle Shanahan.  

We'd have to be the dumbest organization out there to fire Frank Reich just to hire Dan Quinn.  Oh wait, we are the dumbest organization out there.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Why do people want Dan Quinn?  He couldn't turn the Falcons into a consistent winner and he had a franchise QB there.  The Super Bowl year was driven by Kyle Shanahan.  

We'd have to be the dumbest organization out there to fire Frank Reich just to hire Dan Quinn.  Oh wait, we are the dumbest organization out there.

Good point. Very good point. 

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

I want Seattle to grab him, honestly.

1 minute ago, Steelo said:

I want Seattle to grab him, honestly.

That would be a better fit for him.  I don't think he's a bad coach, but he ain't a good coach for us. He needs a team that is already playoff ready (ie Cowboys).

1 minute ago, Mage said:

That would be a better fit for him.  I don't think he's a bad coach, but he ain't a good coach for us. He needs a team that is already playoff ready (ie Cowboys).

I wouldn't care if they retain him either tbh.

21 hours ago, razorwolf said:

I hope he hires the 2 positions of GM and VP-Football Operation a package deal before hiring the head coach whether GM: Alec Halaby/Ed Dodds/Dan Morgan/Brandon Brown and then for VP-Football Operations: either Brandt Tilis/Alec Halaby/Nick Matteo/Khai Harley/Mike Disner! Then for HC: Ben Johnson/Mike Macdonald/Todd Monkin/Bobby Slowik/Ejiro Evero!

IMO Thing have changed for me!

GM: Alec Halaby; Ed Dodds; Brandon Brown

VP-FO: Brandt Tilis; Nick Matteo; Khai Harley

HC: Bobby Slowik; Mike Macdonald; Todd Monkin; Frank Smith; Ejiro Evero

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, razorwolf said:

IMO Thing have changed for me!

GM: Alec Halaby; Ed Dodds; Brandon Brown

VP-FO: Brandt Tilis; Nick Matteo; Khai Harley

HC: Bobby Slowik; Mike Macdonald; Todd Monkin; Frank Smith; Ejiro Evero

No matter how it shakes out, one half of the GM/VP equation is likely going to be Dan Morgan.  They won't put 2 analytics types in the FO.  One is going to be analytics and one is going to be scouting.  UNLESS they take a liking to a guy like Champ Kelly and pair him with one of the other types.