• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

16 minutes ago, Mage said:

Brian Callahan's resume on paper seems super weak.  

I like that he's the son of a successful coach himself, though objectively speaking that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Sure, he could be another Kyle Shanahan. He could also be another Jim Mora Jr.

Lemme add this here since I posted it in the wrong thread...

This is what Top Dawg mentioned Schuyler Callihan talking about in regards to Kelly.

For what it's worth, Callihan is of the opinion that the leading GM candidate at the moment is the Chiefs Brandt Tilis.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, NAS said:

I’m not even sure it’s a Graziano prediction, it was written by him and NFL nation staff, meaning David Newton, who doesn’t know poo. There is also an error in our part of the article. I would take this with a grain of salt.

12 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

I’m not even sure it’s a Graziano prediction, it was written by him and NFL nation staff, meaning David Newton, who doesn’t know poo. There is also an error in our part of the article. I would take this with a grain of salt.

I know in recent years, lot of ESPN's best behind the NFL scenes articles have been co-authored by Graziano and Jeremy Fowler.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know in recent years, lot of ESPN's best behind the NFL scenes articles have been co-authored by Graziano and Jeremy Fowler.

Graziano is definitely good, as is Fowler. Don’t think either of these are sourced, but anything with NFL nation means those beat guys too, meaning David Newton. We all know his track record. 

Not saying it’s crazy to think Callahan will be the guy, but I’m not sure how you can put more weight thats it’s him vs any of McDonald, Slowik, Canales, etc. 

Edited by MGH1989
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lemme add this here since I posted it in the wrong thread...

This is what Top Dawg mentioned Schuyler Callihan talking about in regards to Kelly.

For what it's worth, Callihan is of the opinion that the leading GM candidate at the moment is the Chiefs Brandt Tilis.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Raiders interim GM Champ Kelly has been “present for the team’s head coaching interviews this week.”
As Fowler points out, his involvement in the hiring process bodes well for his odds of landing the full-time general manager job. The Raiders will explore several options after cleaning house midseason, but Kelley may survive the turnover despite the firings of GM Dave Ziegler and head coach Josh McDaniels. Kelly joined the Raiders with the rest of the New England alums as the assistant general manager two years ago.

Bookies.com oddsmaker Adam Thompson has released a fresh set of odds for the job on Wednesday. Atop the list is Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Frank Smith, who leads the pack with an 18.2-percent chance.

Here’s the full rundown from Thompson:

• Frank Smith (Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator): +450 (18.2 percent)
  • Mike Macdonald (Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator): +500 (16.7 percent)
  • Brian Callahan (Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator): +550 (15.4 percent)
  • Todd Monken (Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator): +700 (12.5 percent)
  • Ejiro Evero (Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator): +750 (11.8 percent)
  • Ben Johnson (Detroit Lions offensive coordinator): +1200 (7.7 percent)
  • Dave Canales (Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator): +1500 (6.3 percent)
  • Bobby Slowik (Houston Texans offensive coordinator):+1500 (6.3 percent)
  • Mike Vrabel (former Tennessee Titans head coach): +1750 (5.4 percent)
  • Bill Belichick (former New England Patriots head coach): +1800 (5.3 percent)
  • https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/17/panthers-hc-search-odds-favorite-dolphins-oc-frank-smith/
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Bookies.com oddsmaker Adam Thompson has released a fresh set of odds for the job on Wednesday. Atop the list is Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Frank Smith, who leads the pack with an 18.2-percent chance.

Here’s the full rundown from Thompson:

• Frank Smith (Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator): +450 (18.2 percent)
  • Mike Macdonald (Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator): +500 (16.7 percent)
  • Brian Callahan (Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator): +550 (15.4 percent)
  • Todd Monken (Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator): +700 (12.5 percent)
  • Ejiro Evero (Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator): +750 (11.8 percent)
  • Ben Johnson (Detroit Lions offensive coordinator): +1200 (7.7 percent)
  • Dave Canales (Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator): +1500 (6.3 percent)
  • Bobby Slowik (Houston Texans offensive coordinator):+1500 (6.3 percent)
  • Mike Vrabel (former Tennessee Titans head coach): +1750 (5.4 percent)
  • Bill Belichick (former New England Patriots head coach): +1800 (5.3 percent)
  • https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/17/panthers-hc-search-odds-favorite-dolphins-oc-frank-smith/

Better than the Kellen Moore odds lmao. Interesting that Ben Johnson has better odds than Slowik or Canales.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Says there's reports/hints that Tepper is impacting the search in a negative way and that Callahan is the front runner. Also, brings up that the Callahan name makes him think of the movie, Tommy Boy.

Interesting, I figure this would be bigger news if he was impacting the search in a negative way.  He's a hot topic, surprised it's the first hints or whatever.