• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

You made good points in your post. All good points. I also think our team isn’t as undesirable as some people think. 

We've had a couple of different reporters ask people around the league to rank desirability of working for the Panthers as GM or head coach.

In all cases, we've pretty much universally been named as the least desirable destination.

We are going to convince somebody to take the job of course, but I'd stop short of saying it'll be because We look like anything close to a great opportunity.

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When a guy who spends more time on the injury list than on the field and one of the statistically worst QBs in the NFL are part of your key selling points... well, that pretty much says it all.

our defense was tied for 10th in rush yds/carry, 12th in pass completion %, 6th in pass yds/attempt, 1st it pass yards, 4th in pass TDs allowed, 4th in total yards allowed

Edited by Mother Grabber

8 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Yeah I'm not gonna lie and say we have an amazing opening.... any coach has work cut out for him here. but it definitely is not as bad some like to make it out. 

Tepper should hang a plaque in his office.

Carolina Panthers 32nd ranked employer in the industry! It ain't bad when there's only 31 other employers in the world better than you.

7 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

our defense was tied for 10th in rush yds/carry, 12th in pass completion %, 6th in pass yds/attempt, 1st it pass yards, 4th in pass TDs allowed, 4th in total yards allowed

The D is solid. I was saying that two of his specific selling points aren't selling points. Now he wants to accuse me of lack of reading comprehension evidently pretending like he didn't mention those two specific selling points.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We've had a couple of different reporters ask people around the league to rank desirability of working for the Panthers as GM or head coach.

In all cases, we've pretty much universally been named as the least desirable destination.

We are going to convince somebody to take the job of course, but I'd stop short of saying it'll be because We look like anything close to a great opportunity.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The D is solid. I was saying that two of his specific selling points aren't selling points. Now he wants to accuse me of lack of reading comprehension evidently pretending like he didn't mention those two specific selling points.

lmao never change dude. 

3 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

As a former Panthers employee who worked for Tepper told me Sunday night: “Dave ran off all of the people who told him the truth.”

Headline: fired employee has negative opinion of the person who fired them.

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

Not sure why people say this, it isn't true. Young defense with a star DL and star CB (when healthy) + a ton of cap space + super cheap QB who is a wild card and you aren't tied to if it doesn't work out. Each team has different things going for them (and against them), these are ours. 

All your points are valid, sad part it would be a great job, if not for Tepper. A little concerned agents may contact Frank, as bad a job he did here, he is respected in the league. Combine that with videos of Tepper highjacking the Bryce draft pick press conference talking about Bryce as a point guard while Frank and Scott were over in the corner. Can you imagine a top notch coach thinking how much it had to suck sitting there in that situation.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Deltek44 said:

All your points are valid, sad part it would be a great job, if not for Tepper. A little concerned agents may contact Frank, as bad a job he did here, he is respected in the league. Combine that with videos of Tepper highjacking the Bryce draft pick press conference talking about Bryce as a point guard while Frank and Scott were over in the corner. Can you imagine a top notch coach thinking how much it had to suck sitting there in that situation.

Without a doubt, 100%, no questions asked, Tepper is the worst part of this job. Will be the biggest hurdle by far 

• Pie 1

I look at this different than most of you guys. You may look at our situation as a negative because all of the "it" or "big name" candidates may not want to come here. I look at it in the sense that we may end up with one of these young hungry candidates with something to prove who may get overlooked because they don't have the connections not because they can't do the job well. ESPECIALLY these minority candidates they get looked over year after year with no real shot of getting a chance to prove themselves. I personally would prefer one of them than the it guys. Look at what the GM's in Detroit and Chicago are doing they both have their teams in GREAT situations moving forward. 

Edited by BullCityP