• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Pens 7pm

KingKucci

Keep the points streak alive. Gonna need our boy raanta to play well. Hopefully our D will keep the pens off of him. Big metro game…let’s win!   

oh a one of three groups of fans I hate in hockey. If you are there tonight, give them nothing to cheer about. 

• Pie 2

Just a few thoughts...

I think Necas skates tonight. His speed thru the neutral zone is no match for the 37 year old legs of Malkin, 36 year old legs of Crosby, 31- Rust, 32- Smith, 39- Carter, 34- Ellers, etc.

Get a couple quick goals that allow Raanta to breathe a little easier and play some lock down defense against a Pens team that shoots a lot.

Lemieux earned a spot on the ice tonight, maybe to protect Necas. Wouldn't be surprised to see TDA in tonight as well with Orlov taking a night off. But, again, with Orlov's salary, he needs to play at a high level every night.

Nov 18: Canes @ Pittsburgh: Pens score in the first, Carolina gets one back in the second and goes on the score 3 in the 3rd to win 4-2. Raanta was in net and saved 26 of 28.

Dec 21: Canes @ Pittsburgh: Again, Pens score in the first, Carolina ties it in the 2nd and the Pens won in a shootout with Kochetkov in net.

All that being said, with no morning skate, the Canes may just roll with what they had Thursday night.

Since that last loss to the Pens on Dec 21, the Canes have scored 5, 5, 5, 3, 6, 6, 1 and 6 goals (37 goals in 8 games).

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Just a few thoughts...

I think Necas skates tonight. His speed thru the neutral zone is no match for the 37 year old legs of Malkin, 36 year old legs of Crosby, 31- Rust, 32- Smith, 39- Carter, 34- Ellers, etc.

Get a couple quick goals that allow Raanta to breathe a little easier and play some lock down defense against a Pens team that shoots a lot.

Lemieux earned a spot on the ice tonight, maybe to protect Necas. Wouldn't be surprised to see TDA in tonight as well with Orlov taking a night off. But, again, with Orlov's salary, he needs to play at a high level every night.

Nov 18: Canes @ Pittsburgh: Pens score in the first, Carolina gets one back in the second and goes on the score 3 in the 3rd to win 4-2. Raanta was in net and saved 26 of 28.

Dec 21: Canes @ Pittsburgh: Again, Pens score in the first, Carolina ties it in the 2nd and the Pens won in a shootout with Kochetkov in net.

All that being said, with no morning skate, the Canes may just roll with what they had Thursday night.

Since that last loss to the Pens on Dec 21, the Canes have scored 5, 5, 5, 3, 6, 6, 1 and 6 goals (37 goals in 8 games).

Ya, I’m not holding my breath for Necas. He was in no contact at practice yesterday. Not to say that he can’t jump directly from no contact to a hame but. 

Also why do you think Orlov sits? I think nobody including the coaches wants TDA on the ice unless it’s the only option. 

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Also why do you think Orlov sits? I think nobody including the coaches wants TDA on the ice unless it’s the only option. 

I was mistaken. I was under the impression TDA had some really good career numbers against Pittsburgh- wrong team- my mistake.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I was mistaken. I was under the impression TDA had some really good career numbers against Pittsburgh- wrong team- my mistake.

All good. I just don’t see us putting TDA in unless we have to, aka 1-2 D line. Though TDA with burns does concern me. Not so much as Slavin, Pesce or Skjei.