• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper valuing process/organization over toughness and culture

11 hours ago, Bostonheelfish said:

The history of Tepper’s hires, and history of not promoting Wilks, in addition to reports of his focus on hiring from organizations he admires for how their organization is run is going to hurt us if he prioritizes organizational process over hiring a coach that instills or inspires toughness and a culture of accountability.

Players don’t play hard and dedicate themselves because management is well run. In todays NFL, successful teams are ones who have one of two things: 1. A genius HC/OC who’s so good, respect is earned by the results which instill confidence in every player that they can win every game, and will win every game if if they play tough, e.g. Shannahan, Reid, Lafluar,and Sirianni, ; and 2. A natural born leader who demands toughness by inspiring his players to understand there’s no other way to win, e.g. Vrabel, Dan Campbell, Demeco Ryans, and Sean McDermott.

Ron River and John Fox instilled and inspired toughness, which was our calling card. Both had to take teams that were lost and aimless and it was toughness that got us out of a hole. WILKS! He reversed the entire teams persona and the results speak for themselves.

All this to say, we need an inspiring leader to instill toughness, which consequently raises the standards of the entire team. We don’t need an approach that values organizational structure over toughness. Both are ideal, but the primary factor should be, can this coach inspire this team like John Fox, Rivera, and Wilks did?

These aren’t trade off’s. You can have all four. Tepper just seems like a narcissist so he’s a very poor judge of others emotional intelligence and how it meshes with everything you mentioned. 

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper values good conversations over meatball dinners over everything else and the results reflect that.

Sooo he's like nearly every other hiring manager in the Western world...we see how that often works out btw.

Edited by BrisbanePanther

10 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I was skeptical of Dan Campbell in Detroit because I thought that the "tough culture" would wear off, but he legit seems like a great dude and leader.

I think the mistake with Campbell is that people see how intense he is and take him for a meathead.

In reality, he's extremely smart.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the mistake with Campbell is that people see how intense he is and take him for a meathead.

In reality, he's extremely smart.

Right, that first press conference was like a pro wrestling promo talking about "kicking teeth in and smiling at you." It didn't exactly make him look like a genius

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Right, that first press conference was like a pro wrestling promo talking about "kicking teeth in and smiling at you." It didn't exactly make him look like a genius

Sure as hell looks like one now though..

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Football is a people business first. If players don’t like, RESPECT and believe in their coach, don’t expect them to run through a wall for them. These are young, millionaires alphas. 

You bring in a high pedigree winning resume and/or former player who understands NFL culture if you want the locker room’s attention. 

There is a good reason for the monumental decline from last year to this one with the roster being mostly the same, minus Foreman and Moore. This year’s team couldn’t win with Moss, Megatron and Faulk. 

3 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I was skeptical of Dan Campbell in Detroit because I thought that the "tough culture" would wear off, but he legit seems like a great dude and leader.

Dan wouldn't let a player weasel out of their contract -- show up and play, don't get paid.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's what he understands.

He doesn't get football.

Likely never even played any team sport. He was probably the kid that always got picked last at kickball and just rode his bike home crying to his moms basement.