• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Playoffs Divisional Round - Games Thread

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't see it. He hits the throws I expect him to hit. He rarely misses when there's a throw there that you expect an NFL QB to hit. But he also rarely makes a plus player where you're like "oh wow, that was special". I call that a game manager. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's most certainly not a bad thing for the last pick in the draft. A lot of teams wish they had a good game manager. It only becomes a potential bad thing once the Niners have to entertain paying him like a legit franchise QB. You can't do that  if he's carrying a cap hit that forces you to make business decisions elsewhere on your roster he goes from a positive to a negative.

You've been a Purdy hater all along.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

You've been a Purdy hater all along.

I'm not a "hater". I just think don't think he's a plus starter. He's a JAG starter in a great offensive system surrounded by elite offensive talent. That's a GREAT 7th round pick. But when folks start talking about him being an MVP, wait a minute...

If that makes me a hater then I'm president of the club.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

If we can land a top quality GM that could work wonders. We've had bad rosters for so long that watching GB and SF is kind of amazing. We're so much worse top down that's it's almost funny.

Baltimore too. Damn they're GOOD. Their talent in the trenches is gonna make them hard to beat.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Baltimore too. Damn they're GOOD. Their talent in the trenches is gonna make them hard to beat.

Baltimore has the kind of defense where everyone is exactly where the are supposed to be and they're swarming. They'll be tough to beat.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Baltimore has the kind of defense where everyone is exactly where the are supposed to be and they're swarming. They'll be tough to beat.

Most great Ds have a weakness. Maybe they have a great pass rush and great run D but they're weak in the secondary most of our great Ds fit that mold. Baltimore looks great at all three levels. Great against the run, great pass rush, smothering coverage. Like damn. How do you consistently live the ball against that? You gotta have an offense like the Niners that can get the ball out immediately to YAC kinda like CMC and Deebo to stand a chance.