• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I like that you put route runner.  it seems we don't value this trait too much.  We are looking at players that perform well in college but do not have the route running skills necessary for the NFL. 

I'd rather a good route running speedster than a player that might be faster but runs poor routes. 

Blame analytics for that I believe chasing the size speed specimen. When time and time again crisp route running will always keep a role in the league 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dave Canales will be available.

Think theres any chance they end up hiring one of Canales, Eviro, Slowik, Callahan etc without waiting for a second interview with MacDonald or Ben Johnson? 

Edited by Samppson
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Samppson said:

Think theres any chance they end up hiring one of Canales, Eviro, Slowik, Callahan etc without waiting for a second interview with MacDonald or Ben Johnson? 

Nah, Tepper's number 1 guy is Johnson, no ways he hires a coach with out talking to Ben first. 

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 1

Just now, Samppson said:

I think Johnson is still the prize.

Wouldn't want to lose our on the best option just because we're impatient.

Just now, Jaxel said:

Nah, Tepper's number 1 guy is Johnson, no ways he hires a coach with out talking to Ben first. 

Yeah, that's what I would guess as well, unless he get's the idea that Ben is going elsewhere I guess.

2 minutes ago, Samppson said:

Doubt it. It’s probably going to be drawn out a little longer now. Too many teams would have interest in Johnson, Monken, and Macdonald to go ahead and snag one now out of fear.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I think Johnson is still the prize.

Wouldn't want to lose our on the best option just because we're impatient.

I wonder when the first hire will happen, feels like Johnson might hold up the whole thing.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Samppson said:

Yeah, that's what I would guess as well, unless he get's the idea that Ben is going elsewhere I guess.

Repeating what many of us will be saying over and over until the news hits...

"Please just don't screw it up" 😖

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Samppson said:

I wonder when the first hire will happen, feels like Johnson might hold up the whole thing.

I think Falcons hire Belichick or Chargers hire Harbaugh in the next few days. I know both have interest in Johnson but I feel like they are kinda competing with one another on their HC pool. 

No clue what Tennessee is doing, they are interviewing a bunch of randoms so who knows.

Seattle could go ahead and grab Quinn if that’s their guy. But they may want to hold out to talk to Johnson first.