• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, emcannon said:

Is GM list final? I’d expect that list to be fluid as things develop

Unclear.

Pelissero  technically only said the list "included" those names but other than a random mention from Person and the news that Mike Disner withdrew, we haven't really seen anyone else discussed.

Edited by Mr. Scot

I would say that Halaby and Callahan are good bets to be the picks FWIW. 

I haven't looked into either one of them, but what they've done is not what I'm interested in anyway, it's what they'll do that interests me.

I do know that they aren't necessarily our first picks, but that doesn't mean that they won't be good. 

I had read something about Callahan giving us a leg up to get Tee. That's cool, but I still want us to draft a quick-twitch route runner in the draft.

Basically, I'm not gonna be impressed right away anyway unless we hired Jim Harbaugh, but I have an open mind until I start seeing results.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I would say that Halaby and Callahan are good bets to be the picks FWIW. 

I haven't looked into either one of them, but what they've done is not what I'm interested in anyway, it s what they'll do that interests me.

I do know that they aren't necessarily out first picks, but that doesn't mean that they won't be good. 

I had read something about Callahan giving us a leg up to get Tee. That's cool, but I still want us to draft a quick-twitch route runner in the draft.

Basically, I'm not gonna be impressed right away anyway unless we hired Jim Harbaugh, but I have an open mind until I start seeing results.

Callahan has been on the head coaching radar for a while now.

Of the GM list, Halaby is the one I'd absolutely not want. The Athletic story about him being part of the toxic atmosphere that helped force Doug Pederson out in Philly reads like an even worse version of the "Hunger Games" story from the Panthers this year.

Brandon Brown would be my favorite at the moment, but I'd hire Dan Morgan before I'd want Halaby.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 4

Just now, ProcessBlue2 said:

If I had to guess, GM will be announced tomorrow or Tuesday. If they have gone through 2nds already then they are probably deciding through the weekend. 

It's definitely possible.

The decision could already be made but the NFL hates when non-playoff team announcements take attention away from the playoffs themselves.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

I think that the Panthers are very concerned with optics, and they know right now that the guys they really want aren't coming, so they'll may like everything is all peachy when they hire third and fourth choices. 

Edited by top dawg