• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio ain't "kissing the ring" or Tepper's ass apparently. (On Morgan)

top dawg

Honestly, I didn't know that Mike Florio was so passionate about Tepper and his he fact that he's made the Panthers currently "irrelevant," but he's telling the truth.

Florio railed on about how the job was so unappealing due to Tepper's meddling (in so many words). He and Charean Williams don't believe that The Panthers or Dan Morgan (who apparently wasn't on anyone else's list as a prospective GM) didn't really have any other options.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Florio notoriously despises Tepper.  This is expected from him.  

Florio is to Tepper as JT O'Sullivan is to Thielen lol

JT probably jealous of Thielens success. It makes no sense.

1 minute ago, csx said:

Y'all love seeking misery to wallow in.

I don't see it as misery. At the end of the day, everyone is hoping that Morgan succeeds, even the skeptics.

On an off note, If Tepper was going to hire the guy down the hall, he could've saved all of us the suspense and just promoted Morgan from the get-go.

If it's any consolation, Gantt loves the hire...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, csx said:

The media gobbled up our hires and moves last year. Their opinions mean nothing..They love to use hindsight to pass judgment but its nothing but crickets when they are wrong. 

All that matters is if the situation improves. 

The media isn't a monolith. That being said, I've mostly heard crickets regarding us these days, other than the butt of jokes. The only thing that's going to change things is some success.

• Pie 1

Yea I’ve always said it’s very hard to accept the best candidate was already in house but there is a reason they keep hiring guys with no options. No one wants to play for Tepper, understandably. Or, they’re looking for a payday. Tepper is still meddling. He hires a consulting firm but a big part of me thinks he just has an overbearing attitude that people pick up on right away and realize they won’t be employed if they go against the grain.

Tepper always yaps about needing and loving people who disagree with him to go back and forth and there is a reason for that, it’s not true. The loud person always taking about bullshit because they’re trying to convince themselves and others of something completely false, we all know these kind of people.

As the dysfunction goes on year after year we can only be described as the Browns. Less and less options coach and player wise and money will matter less and less because there simply is no chance of success under Tepper.

Edited by onmyown

I'm not gonna flood the Huddle with Donnelly vids, but he said that if Canales becomes the HC, then that may be the best signal that Tepper is stepping back, because Canales wasn't even really being mentioned prominently until Morgan came to the forefront and was ultimately hired as GM. 

That's a thought. Morgan gets his guy even though the Tepper has a hard-on for Ben Johnson. 

• Pie 5