• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers closing in on hiring DAVE CANALES

Coheed

49 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

This is 100% Dan Morgan. He's been tight with Canales for longer than he's known Tepper.

Y'all wanted Tepper to get out the way well Dan is your "football guy" now.

You'd have to be a fool to think tepper doesn't have a hand in this.  Probably his wife too.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word was they were pretty high on Callahan before the Titans got him. Hence why I fear we panicked here.

It also comes off as a "bidding against ourselves" sort of thing since no one else was pursuing him. There was no need to rush...but we did.

I hope it works, but it might be one of those cases of "more lucky than good".

I think where I'm at is that all HC hires fall into a camp of "more lucky than good". You could have the most thorough process and still end up with a dud. The Falcons have interviewed 14 candidates; we'll see who they ultimately end up hiring, but just because they are being slower/"more deliberate" in their approach doesn't mean they'll get someone who's going have better odds of success than Canales will. 

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

I think where I'm at is that all HC hires fall into a camp of "more lucky than good". You could have the most thorough process and still end up with a dud. The Falcons have interviewed 14 candidates; we'll see who they ultimately end up hiring, but just because they are being slower/"more deliberate" in their approach doesn't mean they'll get someone who's going have better odds of success than Canales will. 

Depends on the people doing the hiring.

The Steelers have been pretty good with that, which was one reason why I was hoping Tepper would consult with Kevin Colbert.

The Eagles have also been good at it lately, although they've also created a toxic environment that hinders the ones they hire.

Others, like us, don't really seem to have a whole lot of logic to the process. We're just hiring whoever impresses us in an interview.

Maybe they'll be good, maybe they won't.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

prob not the right things to focus on rn, but i do want to know, do we get any sort of draft capital for hiring a Rooney rule candidate? 

Of course not, do you see other teams getting draft capital for after hiring a rooney rule candidate? No 

2 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I wonder if Carroll comes over as a senior advisor type figure - he hired Canales at USC and brought him over to Seattle when he took the HC job there. Canales worked under him for 9 years.

No he will not, Carroll already is the senior advisor for the Seahawks

24 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I like the hire already, but is this really true? Good stuff if so

https://us.londonspeakerbureau.com/speaker-profile/mike-forde/

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/1/6/22869889/nfl-coaching-carousel-avoid-mistakes  _ Forde is basically the entire article.

Can't find the link for Sportsology and Shannhan/Lynch but you'll find it if you look hard enough, out there somewhere.

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

https://us.londonspeakerbureau.com/speaker-profile/mike-forde/

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/1/6/22869889/nfl-coaching-carousel-avoid-mistakes  _ Forde is basically the entire article.

Can't find the link for Sportsology and Shannhan/Lynch but you'll find it if you look hard enough, out there somewhere.

And Brandt Tillis is also mentioned in this article with Forde in it. 

No surprise then that Tepper is looking to bring him on after KC season ends.

• Pie 1