• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

Just now, electro's horse said:

I wouldn't describe 2022 as the "distant" past. 

Fair, but he's acknowledged his past, accepted the responsibility and has moved on.  If this was going on currently, yeah, I would get concern.  Isn't that the steps to recovery?  Acknowledge, take responsibility and move on?   All we can hope is he has truly put all that behind him and not succumb to any of that stuff now or in the future.

9 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

If true that sounds like one LOOOOOOONG decade being that we aren't even half way through it yet.

Like I keep saying, we are a worse version of the 1999-2017 Browns. I suspect we will do worse than them.

12 hours ago, electro's horse said:

It’s pretty funny how he keeps working with qbs who share his personality faults. 

obviously Russell Wilson is a weirdo freak evangelical who believes carbonated water can cure concussions. No surprise he left the Seahawks shortly after Wilson became too much to tolerate. 

geno was so full of himself and an asshole he had his jaw broke in a locker room fight in New York. In Daves “I betrayed my wife” book he described himself as a “recovered narcissist.”

baker betrayed his wife in the parking lot of a Cheesecake Factory with a girl he met on tinder (using his own picture no less), so I’m sure he and Dave had a lot in common. 

can’t wait to find out what freak poo Bryce is in to

You might want to check on your character assassinations before you run wild with them.  

Regarding Geno Smith getting sucker punched. 

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

You might want to check on your character assassinations before you run wild with them.  

Regarding Geno Smith getting sucker punched. 

Geno was, by several accounts, being an arrogant ass about it. One source from the team players:

"Brandon Marshall, Jets wide receiver: That was the issue. [Smith] kept putting him off, putting him off. For Geno, what was disrespectful was -- just pay the man his $600. Just fix the situation. But to keep pressing, "I'll get you, I'll get you, I'll get you ..." I think that was the problem.

Reilly: We get to training camp and IK is asking him about it. That day, he asks him. I was sitting right there; my locker was next to Geno. Geno just kind of says, "Just chill, man, forget about it. What are you going to do if I don't pay you?"

Marshall: I remember looking to my left and seeing Geno kind of like give a look like, "Ha, ha, ha," like laughing a guy off and shrugging him off. All of a sudden ... boom! Geno is in a locker."

Doesn't make the punch OK, but paints a certain picture.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29632538/one-punch-two-lives-altered-story-jets-2015-locker-room-fight

Edited by KSpan

25 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Geno was, by several accounts, being an arrogant ass about it. One source from the team players:

"Brandon Marshall, Jets wide receiver: That was the issue. [Smith] kept putting him off, putting him off. For Geno, what was disrespectful was -- just pay the man his $600. Just fix the situation. But to keep pressing, "I'll get you, I'll get you, I'll get you ..." I think that was the problem.

Reilly: We get to training camp and IK is asking him about it. That day, he asks him. I was sitting right there; my locker was next to Geno. Geno just kind of says, "Just chill, man, forget about it. What are you going to do if I don't pay you?"

Marshall: I remember looking to my left and seeing Geno kind of like give a look like, "Ha, ha, ha," like laughing a guy off and shrugging him off. All of a sudden ... boom! Geno is in a locker."

Doesn't make the punch OK, but paints a certain picture.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29632538/one-punch-two-lives-altered-story-jets-2015-locker-room-fight

He missed his teammate’s football camp because he had to go to a funeral. The guy was blowing him up over $600 for the plane ticket. Thats a lot less money to these guys than us. The fact the other guy “sucker punched” him tells you what kind of person he was at the moment. 

No @electro's horse someone buying your plane ticket to go to their football camp wouldn’t classify as gambling…. Why don’t you try to write Tepper another strongly worded letter. It’s time better spent than trying to serve as the Huddle’s TMZ making up nonsense about staff and players. 

• Flames 2

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He missed his teammate’s football camp because he had to go to a funeral. The guy was blowing him up over $600 for the plane ticket. Thats a lot less money to these guys than us. The fact the other guy “sucker punched” him tells you what kind of person he was at the moment. 

No @electro's horse someone buying your plane ticket to go to their football camp wouldn’t classify as gambling…. Why don’t you try to write Tepper another strongly worded letter. It’s time better spent than trying to serve as the Huddle’s TMZ making up nonsense about staff and players. 

I clearly stated the punch was not OK, and regardless of why he missed the camp, he said he would split it and appears to have been an arrogant ass about keeping his word. That $600 was important to his teammate and pocket change for Smith - just pay it back like he said he would, even if only as an investment in team morale.

Was a bad situation overall and while (once again) punching a teammate is not acceptable, Geno badly mishandled it. Very poor leadership and maturity, and if he had a do-over I'm sure he'd pay it back instead of doing what he did.

With respect to Canales, I haven't read the book but I assume Geno found some humility and empathy over the years like Canales purportedly now has as well.

31 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I apologize for engaging in character assassination by saying geno was an asshole. 

Hes actually a degenerate gambler who doesn’t pay his debts. 

mea culpa 

You are an absolutely brilliant investigative reporter aren't you. Degenerate gambler? You mean the $600 for the plane ticket his teammate who punched him said he owed (He probably did) because he didn't show up to his football camp? I don't know Geno Smith at all and I don't know if he is a good dude or not but you LITERALLY googled that subject and saw an article that it MIGHT have been a $600 gambling debt (turns out it was for the plane ticket verified later MANY times) and then ran with it. You are most definitely cutting edge with your breaking news and hot takes.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Imagine getting your jaw broken on a team where Mike Goodson doesn’t. 

I dont know anything about Mike Goodson...? Was he an asshole too for admitting mistakes and potentially developing some sort of religious faith as well?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

You are an absolutely brilliant investigative reporter aren't you. Degenerate gambler? You mean the $600 for the plane ticket his teammate who punched him said he owed (He probably did) because he didn't show up to his football camp? I don't know Geno Smith at all and I don't know if he is a good dude or not but you LITERALLY googled that subject and saw an article that it MIGHT have been a $600 gambling debt (turns out it was for the plan ticket verified later MANY times) and then ran with it. You are most definitely cutting edge with your breaking news and hot takes.

Just lazy. He was acting like Canales had his addiction issues in 2022. The year his book was published. He is too lazy to actually read the articles he wants to use but finds the time to write a billionaire a 20 paragraph letter on a message board he will never read. You really can’t make this stuff up…

• Flames 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Just lazy. He was acting like Canales had his addiction issues in 2022. The year his book was published. He is too lazy to actually read the articles he wants to use but finds the time to write a billionaire a 20 paragraph letter on a message board he will never read. You really can’t make this stuff up…

Oh poo, I had no idea on the letter to the owner! Lol wow! I'm sure Tepp read that immediately! Hahaha!

• Pie 1