• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

13 hours ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

A ridiculous take. Mechanics FIRST, SECOND, THIRD, followed by eating and sleep. If he had even a bare minimum level of sound mechanics to being with, our receivers wouldn't have been blanketed in the first place because he would have been able to deliver the ball on time. 

Nope, only Thielen could be trusted with anticipation and once he started getting doubled,  perfect timing would not have helped a lick with garbage route runners Chark and Mingo. The lowest hanging fruit is the sacks and throwaways that could have been scrambles and should be the first thing fixed.

16 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Yes. You threatened to fight or put me in my place. Then I offered you the chance and you fell back. Then you got coked out again and started sending me DMs again. 

I don’t know who the fook you are. You’re welcome to show me the door though

On 1/27/2024 at 9:35 AM, OldhamA said:

We scored 0 points in the final 2 games. How did he learn and improve again?

I've never known such a poor player get so much support. 

I get it but dude you have to look at the bigger picture oline wrong blocking scheme for their skill set horrible scheme very predictable game planing teams knew what we were doing just by the formation all of this with no protection and separation on routes nobody would succeed in this situation Bryce even showed his frustration by the coaches playing not to lose instead of attacking the defense 

16 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Yes. You threatened to fight or put me in my place. Then I offered you the chance and you fell back. Then you got coked out again and started sending me DMs again. 

Wow what a lunatic.

Hopefully he gets some help.

42 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, I guess so if you take the tact of a troll at face value.

I've never been a Moore hater. That's just an outright lie.

I think you are probably the most well adjusted coolest people on the message board and. I don't always agree but never understood what you have against him. Dude had produced at top 10 ish level with absolute garbage qbs and offenses 

On 2/2/2024 at 2:56 AM, Call Me James said:

Report this kind of poo

6 hours ago, csx said:

I think you are probably the most well adjusted coolest people on the message board and. I don't always agree but never understood what you have against him. Dude had produced at top 10 ish level with absolute garbage qbs and offenses 

It's just simple bias no different than anyone else. The ironic thing is for all of his criticisms of DJ Moore he was fairly staunchly complimentary of Robbie Anderson. That worked out well.

On 1/27/2024 at 8:08 AM, top dawg said:

With the hiring of Dan Morgan and Dave Canales, we have been put on notice that the priority now is to "fix" Bryce Young. Well, that begs the question, "Can Bryce Young be fixed?" 

Well I have another question? Considering Young's historically bad season, shouldn't we at least consider drafting another QB if one happens to fall, or even keep our minds open to some Bryce Young insurance on day three when some undeveloped talent is available? BPA shouldn't take a backseat when Young is driving the bus.

Look, I get that "fixing" Young would be the absolutely best case scenario. I am skeptical it can happen based on what I've seen of his physical limitations, questionable mechanics and shockingly---and I say "shockingly" because he was billed as a processing savant---terrible decision-making. And I'd add that I have never seen a a Panthers QB with such a lack of pocket presence and a lack of self awareness about one's escape-ability from that pocket in my life. 

Some believe that we have to invest another entire season into "fixing" Young simply because we invested a king's ransom to move up to acquire him. I do not believe that he should be the defacto starter. I believe that he should have some legitimate competition with the caveat that it's young competition (pun not intended). If he beats out a young blood, then fine. But I hardly see it as a given, given Young's deficiencies, if the competition is real and not a dog and pony show designed for optics. I just am not ready to voluntarily hand the reins back to Bryce, I don't care how much we spent on him. He needs some competition, and we need some insurance---an extra shot of hope (or just extra shots)---after the worst season and team in franchise history. I get allowing the tank to take place naturally, and grinning and bearing 2024 to get to 2025 and all that, but I just can't cosign and accept another awful season without at least making an attempt to obtain some more draft picks and get a QB with potential to push Bryce to higher heights, or to the bench. We'd be in a better position for 2025 if that were to happen as well.

I was thinking that we need a good back up quarterback. As a Saints fan, I was never sold on Andy Dalton.  To me, he is just a standard quarterback.

I was thinking about picking up a good back up quarterback in free agency.  However, the idea of drafting another quarterback to me, seems to be a better plan.