• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

Prior to the start of the 2023 season, I had concerns about Bryce Young.  I thought he was the best pick in the draft.  However, I did not think it was a good idea to throw him in as the starter immediately.  Most NFL franchises would start their shiny new quarterback behind the wise veteran. The shiny new quarterback would get the start after one maybe two seasons.  To me, starting Bryce Young in the first season, was like throwing somebody into the deep end of the swimming pool, and watching them either sink or swim.

meanwhile, the news media didn’t help much. The news media wanted to convey the narrative that Bryce Young was too small to play. They kept showing him in pictures that emphasize how small he was compared to other people. I can only imagine what that does to somebody’s self-confidence.

The good news is that this year Bryce Young is a veteran. I think the key will be what kind of team the new coaches put together.
👍

6 hours ago, frankw said:

It's just simple bias no different than anyone else. The ironic thing is for all of his criticisms of DJ Moore he was fairly staunchly complimentary of Robbie Anderson. That worked out well.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

You told the same lie about me and Tepper. I asked you to bring some receipts and you brought B.S.

Robbie overachieved for his time, which was good, but he fell off his second year here.

Edited by top dawg
LOL

53 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

You told the same lie about me and Tepper. I asked you to bring some receipts and you brought B.S.

Robbie overachieved for his time, which was good, but he fell off his second year here.

You used to enter threads and simp for Tepper and tell other people they're just being haters. This was before it became common knowledge he's a meddling egomaniac. That's factual. Other people saw the posts too. I'm sorry you don't like to admit that.

As for Anderson. You and I both know you were on that train. Hell I was too at one point. But I never thought he was as good or better than DJ Moore and I didn't spend my days dogging on DJ while praising Anderson like you did 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

You used to enter threads and simp for Tepper and tell other people they're just being haters. This was before it became common knowledge he's a meddling egomaniac. That's factual. Other people saw the posts too. I'm sorry you don't like to admit that.

As for Anderson. You and I both know you were on that train. Hell I was too at one point. But I never thought he was as good or better than DJ Moore and I didn't spend my days dogging on DJ while praising Anderson like you did 🤷‍♂️

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

It's simply time for you to throw away that old, tired playbook of yours. People would respect you more if you were honest.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

It's simply time for you to throw away that old, tired playbook of yours. People would respect you more if you were honest.

Oh don't be so dramatic. We're all just fans talking. You have been wrong I've been wrong others have been wrong. You just seem to have a harder time admitting it. Pride. Hey I didn't think Scott Fitterer would be so horrific at drafting. I also wanted to keep Brian Burns around instead of trading him. Now I don't know.

Also just to point this out. The very thread we are in that you created. You flip flopped on Bryce Young hard. I don't blame you mind you. You can't deny what you have seen with your own two eyes. But you're over here talking about lies and respect after going back and forth with a lot of people going to bat for Bryce before and after the draft. You even made a thread to lowkey call me out. Truth and lies are a two way street. Have a nice weekend man!

Just now, frankw said:

Oh don't be so dramatic. We're all just fans talking. You have been wrong I've been wrong others have been wrong. You just seem to have a harder time admitting it. Pride. Hey I didn't think Scott Fitterer would be so horrific at drafting. I also wanted to keep Brian Burns around instead of trading him. Now I don't know.

Also just to point this out. The very thread we are in that you created. You flip flopped on Bryce Young hard. I don't blame you mind you. You can't deny what you have seen with your own two eyes. But you're over here talking about lies and respect after going back and forth with a lot of people going to bat for Bryce before and after the draft. You even made a thread to lowkey call me out. Truth and lies are a two way street. Have a nice weekend man!

You are a serial liar. Everyone knows it. 

Flip flopping is going back and forth from one position to another. If I see what I perceived as bullshit, I will address it. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter whether it was about Bryce or Stroud. 

If you recall, I created a thread from a UGA alum point of view. I ultimately said that I'd be glad with either. I also consistently said that regardless of whom they pick---which they are paid to do---they had better get it right. Well, they didn't. At the same time, I didn't think that Bryce would be so abysmal. The preponderance of the threads that I debated in was about Bryce's durability (and how he was going to get broken in half, etc.). A few were about his arm strength. I've already stated that I was wrong about that, so there goes your narrative about me having some hard time admitting when I'm wrong.  

As for Bryce---any player or coach...GM or owner, I like to let things play out before I start making definitive statements, and I'm going to continue to do that, as it's just my way. It just makes sense to me to let things play out, but that doesn't mean that I won't have criticisms along the way. Sorry (not sorry) if you have a hard time understanding that concept.

To be clear, I haven't given up on Bryce all the way, but I am very skeptical. This thread is simply about providing Bryce an incentive to be at his best this year, and providing us some insurance in case he just doesn't improve. So, in the future, when you bring up lies about what I said about Bryce, you will hopefully remember this post (not that it will make any difference to your proclivity to stretch the truth). 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You are a serial liar. Everyone knows it. 

Flip flopping is going back and forth from one position to another. If I see what I perceived as bullshit, I will address it. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter whether it was about Bryce or Stroud. 

If you recall, I created a thread from a UGA alum point of view. I ultimately said that I'd be glad with either. I also consistently said that regardless of whom they pick---which they are paid to do---they had better get it right. Well, they didn't. At the same time, I didn't think that Bryce would be so abysmal. The preponderance of the threads that I debated in was about Bryce's durability (and how he was going to get broken in half, etc.). A few were about his arm strength. I've already stated that I was wrong about that, so there goes your narrative about me having some hard time admitting when I'm wrong.  

As for Bryce---any player or coach...GM or owner, I like to let things play out before I start making definitive statements, and I'm going to continue to do that, as it's just my way. It just makes sense to me to let things play out, but that doesn't mean that I won't have criticisms along the way. Sorry (not sorry) if you have a hard time understanding that concept.

To be clear, I haven't given up on Bryce all the way, but I am very skeptical. This thread is simply about providing Bryce an incentive to be at his best this year, and providing us some insurance in case he just doesn't improve. So, in the future, when you bring up lies about what I said about Bryce, you will hopefully remember this post (not that it will make any difference to your proclivity to stretch the truth). 

Anything that makes you look like you were wrong is a lie because you are incapable of being wrong.

That's your position.

I don't think we have any further to go with the conversation.

Thanks.

image.png.1540dbbe48a4598cbcfbd4fb5d165bdf.png

Y'all are killing me trying to kill a player after his 1st season. It is not a secret that this offense as a whole was atrocious this past season. There are many places to point the blame.....but even Cam Newton was more successful as a QB when the OC decided to play to his strengths. I don't think Reich was fully trying to play to Bryce's strengths because he was more worried about his philosophy. It also a tough task to ask a QB to be the QB without any WR talent. You can reference Tom Brady all you want, but he still had a great TE, and quick, twitchy, receivers that could get open within inches of the LOS. We did not have an identity this season...... that's why we looked like  poo, played like poo, and ended up on the poo side of things. I can guaranD@mn tee that Bryce will not play this bad again.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BULLETPRQQF said:

Y'all are killing me trying to kill a player after his 1st season. It is not a secret that this offense as a whole was atrocious this past season. There are many places to point the blame.....but even Cam Newton was more successful as a QB when the OC decided to play to his strengths. I don't think Reich was fully trying to play to Bryce's strengths because he was more worried about his philosophy. It also a tough task to ask a QB to be the QB without any WR talent. You can reference Tom Brady all you want, but he still had a great TE, and quick, twitchy, receivers that could get open within inches of the LOS. We did not have an identity this season...... that's why we looked like  poo, played like poo, and ended up on the poo side of things. I can guaranD@mn tee that Bryce will not play this bad again.

I would guess that very few are trying to "kill" Bryce after his rookie year. I believe in legitimate competition, especially for unproven players, and especially at the most important position on the field. Everyone knows that he's going to get another shot, as well he should, but you're never going to convince me that having to compete for your spot as a starter is a bad thing. 

BTW stats really mean little without context. Bryce had a 5.5 yard average per pass attempt, so accuracy is kind of built-in.

Edited by top dawg

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I would guess that very few are trying to "kill" Bryce after his rookie year. I believe in legitimate competition, especially for unproven players, and especially at the most important position on the field. Everyone knows that he's going to get another shot, as well he should, but you're never going to convince me that having to compete for your spot as a starter is a bad thing. 

It's not a bad thing. I just don't see the team doing that this season. Now next season? Yeah, all bets are off. 

I'm curious as to the backup plan if he continues to struggle myself.  If he does it would benefit the team to stick with him to improve draft position. It would improve our game day experience. But we are used to that.

1 hour ago, BULLETPRQQF said:

zach wilson 3-10

sam darnold 3-9

ryan leaf 3-7

Jimmy clausen 1-12

akili smith 1-6

I could go on but hopefully you get the picture

• Pie 2

On 2/5/2024 at 1:35 PM, BULLETPRQQF said:

Those stats ignore the physical attributes of height, size, ball control (hand size) and throwing strength of those other QBs with the way you have posted those stats to Young's creditably.  

You can make stats work for whatever you want them to but it doesn't tell the whole picture.......

I'm inclined to think that despite how bad the Panthers offense is reflective to the results of Youngs play that he lacks the physical attributes to tenure a lengthy and/or successful career in the NFL.........of course time will tell but if I had to bet on that it would be that in 5 years from now he will either be out of the league or a bounced around franchises as a career back up if that.