• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter reports Panthers targeting Brandt Tillis

18 minutes ago, Mage said:

What are we saying is significantly less?  

Sweat went for a 2nd round pick, but he's older and less productive than Burns.  Frank Clark who was similar in age and production to Burns went to KC for a 1st and conditional 2nd (KC/SEA swapped 3rds).

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get or expect at least a 1st round pick.

A single 1st is significantly less than two 1sts.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly past caring on the Burns front. I'd let him straight up walk before I gave him cap crippling money.

I’m the same honestly. If we have to choose between Brown and Luvu or Burns, I’m taking Brown and Luvu any day

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, exactlyzack said:

I’m the same honestly. If we have to choose between Brown and Luvu or Burns, I’m taking Brown and Luvu any day

With zero hesitation. Burns just hasn't developed. He's still the same one trick pony we drafted. He's a good player, don't get me wrong. But he's not the type of game changing play maker that you can dump huge cap space into.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With zero hesitation. Burns just hasn't developed. He's still the same one trick pony we drafted. He's a good player, don't get me wrong. But he's not the type of game changing play maker that you can dump huge cap space into.

Not only that, but seeing the effort that both Brown and Luvu put into every play is something I wish Burns would do.  I like Burns as well but he ain’t worth what he’s gonna be looking for.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly past caring on the Burns front. I'd let him straight up walk before I gave him cap crippling money.

Yup. And it would be one thing if we felt like we were close and he could put you over the top. But that’s not where we are. Get whatever we can for him and move on. Brown is someone you re sign and build around in my eyes, Burns is not

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Burns cannot contain the run and has no ability to drop back in coverage.  He has one mode:  rush QB.  Even with that mode he isn't a game changer on this team as it currently stands.

Luvu and Brown are much more important and the savings to rebuild to team are as well.

• Pie 2

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We should have traded him for 2 first when we had the chance. The one who turned it was fired and now it's water under the bridge.

Letting him go without any compensation sucks, but not as much as it would suck to overpay him and cripple the team financially.

He's just flat out not worth the cost. Let someone else overpay. Sure he'll get his revenge game against us but I can live with that.

• Pie 4

16 minutes ago, rayzor said:

We should have traded him for 2 first when we had the chance. The one who turned it was fired and now it's water under the bridge.

Letting him go without any compensation sucks, but not as much as it would suck to overpay him and cripple the team financially.

He's just flat out not worth the cost. Let someone else overpay. Sure he'll get his revenge game against us but I can live with that.

I say you have to trade for whatever you can get, fug him for saying he played like he didnt want to get hurt.  You cannot have that type of attitude on a team thats trying win

• Flames 3

23 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Couldn't we tag and trade and get something for him? 

As far as him having his revenge game, I'd run the ball at him and also let him rush right up the field and throw HB wheels and short TE "screens" in the area he's vacated.  😆

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That was such a terrible decision.  It was a massive haul for an Edge and on top of that gave Burns and his camp all the leverage in the world....when we all already knew how much Spooderman thought about himself. 

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

• Pie 1