• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: Campen was Tepper's "eyes and ears"

Mr. Scot

18 hours ago, rayzor said:

We know one was Tabor.

Jim Caldwell wouldn't surprise me either.

It would shock me.   

When he coached Wake, Caldwell was considered one of the most honorable and decent people to every coach at Wake.  He wasn't a good coach, but I have never head so much glowing praise issued for a guy who was being fired as I did when Caldwell was let go.  Unless he changed dramatically as a NFL coach, I call bull on it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, AU-panther said:

What personnel choices? 

So if Tepper would have hired Reich and then totally stayed out of the football side of things do you really think our results would have been different?  Probably not 

If you say so, kid 🙄

I'm sure David Tepper is actually an amazing boss and everybody just misunderstands his actions.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

Just now, AU-panther said:

Still waiting for those “major personal decisions”….

I haven't asked Frank about any of his personal decisions, though i can tell you one decision he probably regrets is coming to work for an owner that was going to undermine him with spies stabbing him in the back.

Of course, in your enlightened opinion, you think someone working in that environment should just carry on with a positive attitude and do the best they can. So what the heck is anybody complaining about anyway? 😃

Oh wait, did you mean personnel decisions? Well, that one regarding a quarterback was kind of a big deal. But hey, your sources tell you differently, so... 🤔

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I haven't asked Frank about any of his personal decisions, though i can tell you one decision he probably regrets is coming to work for an owner that was going to undermine him with spies stabbing him in the back.

Of course, in your enlightened opinion, you think someone working in that environment should just carry on with a positive attitude and do the best they can. So what the heck is anybody complaining about anyway? 😃

Oh wait, did you mean personnel decisions? Well, that one regarding a quarterback was kind of a big deal. But hey, your sources tell you differently, so... 🤔

still dodging I see.

speaking of the QB decision, every report pretty much said he liked Bryce, but none said he vetoed  everyone.else.

Although there are numerous reports that everyone else also liked Bryce but you aren’t so quick to post those.

You only post the one that was the author claiming he could guess who frank would like, and then play it off as that was who frank said he liked.

Here again let’s keep pushing a narrative.  Now here again, what other personnel decisions??? 

38 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

still dodging I see.

speaking of the QB decision, every report pretty much said he liked Bryce, but none said he vetoed  everyone.else.

Although there are numerous reports that everyone else also liked Bryce but you aren’t so quick to post those.

You only post the one that was the author claiming he could guess who frank would like, and then play it off as that was who frank said he liked.

Here again let’s keep pushing a narrative.  Now here again, what other personnel decisions??? 

There were more needed? 😄

For the record though, it might help if you remembered that "personal" decisions were more of a GM thing and the article is about sabotaging the coach. That by, you know, getting him to hire people he didn't know or have reason to trust.

Also by using some of those people to undermine him. But hey, again you've explained how that really shouldn't stop anyone from doing a great job. I'm gonna assume this is from "personnel" experience, though it sounds like it's closer to Campen's experience than Reich's.

Oy 🙄

Look, dude. I get it. You want to be right. Or more importantly, you want me to be wrong. So you'll look for any angle, even one that goofily suggests an owner having people backstabbing one of his most important employees isn't such a big deal.

It's a dumb argument, but it's what you're running with because you need to disagree with me. Honestly, that seems to be the only reason you post anything at all.

But you're arguing a really silly point here in the process. 

I guess it's just that important to you.

Might wanna ponder the wisdom of that, but you do you.

Edited by Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There were more needed? 😄

For the record though, it might help if you remembered that "personal" decisions were more of a GM thing and the article is about sabotaging the coach. That by, you know, getting him to hire people he didn't know or have reason to trust.

Also by using some of those people to undermine him. But hey, again you've explained how that really shouldn't stop anyone from doing a great job. I'm gonna assume this is from "personnel" experience, though it sounds like it's closer to Campen's experience than Reich's.

Oy 🙄

Look, dude. I get it. You want to be right. Or more importantly, you want me to be wrong. So you'll look for any angle, even one that goofily suggests an owner having people backstabbing one of his most important employees isn't such a big deal.

It's a dumb argument, but it's what you're running with because you need to disagree with me. Honestly, that seems to be the only reason you post anything at all.

But you're arguing a really silly point here in the process. 

I guess it's just that important to you.

Might wanna ponder the wisdom of that, but you do you.

That’s a long post just to dodge the question 

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

I did.  Look, I appreciate alot of stuff you add to the forum, but be careful about passing on misinformation as fact.  It does a disservice to the team. 

Wow 😄

Yeah, okay. None of this actually happened. People are just making it up because they hate David Tepper.

Oy 🙄

21 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I thought it was reported Tabor was the snitch?  Maybe the reason both of those two were retained last offseason for Reich's staff per request by Tepper.

Say what you will about Reich, but dude was set up for failure.

also starting to think we may have judged Rhule a bit too prematurely as well... he's definitely a douche but I think if given time and legit trust from ownership to put his vision and plan into place he could've had success on the field here. We actually saw it a bit when Wilks took over and we started winning, that was very much a team that Rhule built.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad Rhule and Reich are both gone but despite having their own issues I think Tepper's meddling didn't allow either of them to have any chance of success.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

also starting to think we may have judged Rhule a bit too prematurely as well... he's definitely a douche but I think if given time and legit trust from ownership to put his vision and plan into place he could've had success on the field here. We actually saw it a bit when Wilks took over and we started winning, that was very much a team that Rhule built.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad Rhule and Reich are both gone but despite having their own issues I think Tepper's meddling didn't allow either of them to have any chance of success.

One big difference, Rhule got two more seasons.  I also think that Rhule may be the reason Tepper wanted a mole(s) in the locker room. Rhule seemed to alienate some of the players, possibly coaches.  I'm not condoning spying by Tepper, but obviously he wanted to have a pulse of the locker room.