• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ and Chark were terrible.

0kBoomer

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It not the scouts.  It's who makes the decisions on who to draft. 

They get their information from the scouts. If the scouts are pushing x dude over y dude then that’s the info the GM has. 

im pretty sure and correct me if im wrong but the scouting department has pretty much stayed in tact across multiple GMs no? When Hurney got fired didn’t Gettleman keep the scouts? And then Hurney came back keeping the same staff. 

Did Fitterer clean house after he took over from Hurney 2.0? If not then I’m even more convinced it’s a scouting issue. 

• Pie 1

TMJ has been a disappointment and should have been cut already.  Chark hasn't been worth our time or wasn't part of whatever plan they had based on his usage. Neither should be part of the future but may be necessary to keep due to lack of options available in the offseason. Both should be replaced at the earliest opportunity. I would take my chances with UDFA's over both of them.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

They get their information from the scouts. If the scouts are pushing x dude over y dude then that’s the info the GM has. 

im pretty sure and correct me if im wrong but the scouting department has pretty much stayed in tact across multiple GMs no? When Hurney got fired didn’t Gettleman keep the scouts? And then Hurney came back keeping the same staff. 

Did Fitterer clean house after he took over from Hurney 2.0? If not then I’m even more convinced it’s a scouting issue. 

Scouts don't push anyone.  They just present their ranking based on what the team is looking for. Fitterer still chose who he wanted. If the scouts made the selection then what did they need Fitterer for?

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

TMJ has been a disappointment and should have been cut already.  Chark hasn't been worth our time or wasn't part of whatever plan they had based on his usage. Neither should be past of the future but may be necessary to keep due to lack of options available in the offseason. Both should be replaced at the earliest opportunity. I would take my chances with UDFA's over both of them.

One of the things that I’m hopeful about is Canales and Brad Idzik and their backgrounds as WR coaches. 

hopefully they can get some rookies and turn them into studs and hopefully fix Mingo. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Scouts don't push anyone.  They just present their ranking based on what the team is looking for. Fitterer still chose who he wanted. If the scouts made the selection then what did they need Fitterer for?

This isn’t just isolated to Fitterer. It has been a historical problem dating back to Hurney. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

For all those that want to dump Thielen, he is number 5 on this list. Tell me again why we should cut him loose.  He is Ricky Proehl 2.0, and unless you have someone else to fill the ‘move the chains on third down’ role, he has a spot on the roster this upcoming season.

Most of the ire at Thielen came from him not being a true #1. Well, no poo. He was signed to be the slot receiver and a second if not third tier target. It's not Thielen's fault that everyone else sucked. He excelled beyond expectations in his role.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

It's baffling that we STILL suck this hard at drafting receivers in an age where the default offense for lots of high schools and the majority of d1 football are gun heavy spread offenses that utilize 4+ passcatchers. There are far more wrs being churned out nowadays than ever before and yet we are still utterly useless at identifying them.

Edited by beo
  • Pie 5

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I think he’d be worth a late rounder at least - 6th or 7th. He’s still young with good size and athleticism. He’s still on his rookie deal. The problem is between his ears IMO. Maybe a change of scenery is needed. 

We gave him the go ahead to find a trade last year and it didnt happen.  No one is going to give anything up for him I dont think.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Tepper should use his massive wallet to try to steal the Steelers' WR scouts/coaches away from them

I mean this honestly isn’t a bad idea. Obviously we can’t overhaul the scouting dept this close to the draft but after? I’d start poaching scouts from the 9ers, ravens, Packers, Steelers, and maybe Detroit and build out a competent scouting department. 

• Flames 1

Its because we never draft man beater wide receivers.  We always try to draft physical receivers who are big and strong.  If a receiver is making a lot of contested catches in college then they most likely aren't going to work in the NFL because if you cant create seperation in college then you are screwed in the nfl where everyone is stronger and faster

• Beer 1