• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How will Peppers be remembered by Panther fans?

Hotsauce

That is probably true and why many fans are not likeing Peppers. His first four years were better than his last 4 here. Peppers should have been shipped out of here when he didnt sign the long term deal after the '07 season.

99% of the time, they line you up at DE with a simple assignment to go get the QB, so if you didn't accomplish that you have nobody to blame but yourself.

We may have allowed Peppers to fall short of his potential by failing to motivate him, perhaps a Beason style public calling out should have come from the coaching staff much earlier? Imagine Peppers playing for a coach like Parcells... Peppers would have hated Parcells, but Parcells would have either broke him or got the most out of him.

I remeber him as the best DE we have in the first 4 yrs. Ever since the last 2 yrs., he isn't the same anymore. Not to mention he has become greedy lately & few times he doesn't have the heart & motor like he use to. At least Beason does & will continue to do so. I somewhat have a love/hate relationship for him.

i beg to differ.he can pretty much play any position on the field.the play in arizona tells it all. remember how excited everyone would get when pep came in on goaline o?the defense would poo there selves if they actually threw him a pass but they still had to respect him out there.

Like I said ..he's a athletic freak, but how often does he even want to play in a season?

4 great games, another 4 well, and 8 where you don't even know if he's there.

Mills played with heart, motivation every down and was a leader and made plays too, same with Beason .

Peppers homers act like he's a Reggie White and he ain't.

..... Imagine Peppers playing for a coach like Parcells... Peppers would have hated Parcells, but Parcells would have either broke him or got the most out of him.

I agree with the above 100%. That was the big move JR could have made when Parcells decided to get back into football. Not that he even tried, but that would have been a bold move if JR could have gotten him to come to the Panthers instead of Miami.

I have to give credit where it is due. Pep was a good player for us. Did he play to his potential? I think not. Now that he wants to go, I say gtfo. I don't want anybody on the team who doesn't wanna be here.'

Will he get what he wants with another team other than a butt load of money? I doubt it but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do...

Archived