• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Tee Higgins to be tagged

Jmac

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

What's that?

Having less people be able to see your asinine posts and thus less people with the ability to call them out for how non-logical the ideas are?

Sure, guess that helps you not look as bad at this as you really are

You really think I care how people feel about me on a message board?

Like Cmon bro yall take this board seriously. I'm just here for entertainment. If nobody likes me fine. But you and I know that's just not true. 

12 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

We need to trade for and pay  Aiyuk the man is just what Bryce needs to succeed more than a contested catch outside slasher 

Aiyuk is my top choice, Higgins is second

After that, I don't think Ridley or Pittman are leaving their current teams so I'm not going to bother speculating on them, Evans is staying in TB or signing with a top contender to chase another ring, and I'm a very hard pass on Hollywood Brown.

Problem is both those teams will be trading those guys because they can't afford to sign them to long term extensions, and thus likely will be trading them for draft picks and not interested in Burns who they'd then have to give a big contract to (maybe the Bengals could make it work, but the 49ers sure as hell can't).

So really what we need to do is find a team to trade Burns to for a 1st and some more on top, maybe like a 3rd and a 5th, and then try and trade that 1st for one of them, again, Aiyuk is my preference between the two.

If we can't make that happen, we have to hope someone like Tyreek or Diggs in the past few years becomes available unexpectedly and maybe we can trade Burns for them.  And no, I don't want Diggs right now, just a horrible fit for each side of that one, he wants to win and get force fed the ball down the field, we aren't going to win and Bryce isn't a good enough QB for him to want to play with.

15 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

After that, I don't think Ridley or Pittman are leaving their current teams so I'm not going to bother speculating on them, Evans is staying in TB or signing with a top contender to chase another ring, and I'm a very hard pass on Hollywood Brown.

Problem is both those teams will be trading those guys because they can't afford to sign them to long term extensions, and thus likely will be trading them for draft picks and not interested in Burns who they'd then have to give a big contract to (maybe the Bengals could make it work, but the 49ers sure as hell can't).

So really what we need to do is find a team to trade Burns to for a 1st and some more on top, maybe like a 3rd and a 5th, and then try and trade that 1st for one of them, again, Aiyuk is my preference between the two.

If we can't make that happen, we have to hope someone like Tyreek or Diggs in the past few years becomes available unexpectedly and maybe we can trade Burns for them.  And no, I don't want Diggs right now, just a horrible fit for each side of that one, he wants to win and get force fed the ball down the field, we aren't going to win and Bryce isn't a good enough QB for him to want to play with.

One of the biggest issues with Burns trade value now is him openly stating he was playing with getting hurt in mind. So if another teams were to ink him and he has a contract issue, it's reasonable to expect that same level of dedication. How do you ink a guy to a massive contract knowing he may not give you everything. Luvu was in a contract year and played his ass off. I'll take that dawg any day if I have the choice of the 2. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

One of the biggest issues with Burns trade value now is him openly stating he was playing with getting hurt in mind. So if another teams were to ink him and he has a contract issue, it's reasonable to expect that same level of dedication. How do you ink a guy to a massive contract knowing he may not give you everything. Luvu was in a contract year and played his ass off. I'll take that dawg any day if I have the choice of the 2. 

Because he's still young enough that if he plays well the next few years, he'll still get another monster contract after this next one.

So a team would expect him to sign the new contract, now have no fear of being hurt and losing his big pay day, and him going out and playing loose and balling out with the hope of cashing in again in 3-4 years for a 2nd monster pay day.

Luvu also wasn't expecting a stupid big contract, he was playing for a good deal, Burns knew he'd get one at some point, kinda very different situations.

But yes, at this point, I'd much rather have Luvu at a much lower number, trade Burns for assets and use that money elsewhere at the same time 

Edited by tukafan21

25 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Because he's still young enough that if he plays well the next few years, he'll still get another monster contract after this next one.

So a team would expect him to sign the new contract, now have no fear of being hurt and losing his big pay day, and him going out and playing loose and balling out with the hope of cashing in again in 3-4 years for a 2nd monster pay day.

Luvu also wasn't expecting a stupid big contract, he was playing for a good deal, Burns knew he'd get one at some point, kinda very different situations.

But yes, at this point, I'd much rather have Luvu at a much lower number, trade Burns for assets and use that money elsewhere at the same time 

Trade Burns for assets like what?

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Trade Burns for assets like what?

Literally said it in the post just before

I think a 1st, 3rd, and 5th would be a very reasonable ask and something a team who feels they are a pass rusher away from contention would more than be willing to give up for him.

No matter what Panthers fans feel about him this past season and his performance, the league views him as an elite pass rusher.  We might not be able to get the two 1sts for him anymore, but a single first plus a few mid round picks is more than doable, maybe could even do better by getting a 1st this year and a 2nd next year from someone.

I'd then be more than willing to trade that 1st for either Aiyuk or Higgins, a trade I think both of those teams would be willing to make as they then get a 1st round pick at a position of need (likely defense for both) on a rookie deal for the next 4 years instead of paying those guys.

Or maybe a team like Houston who has a bunch of promising WRs and could use a pass rusher would be willing to give us their 1st and Metchie.  Then go into next year with our WR room being Aiyuk/Higgins, Thielen, Mingo, Metchie, Laviska, which would be a dramatic improvement over this year.

Edited by tukafan21

5 hours ago, csx said:

Nobody is taking on an extended Burns contract and trading those picks on top of that. That ship has sailed.

Not even remotely close, we won't get the 2 firsts, but we'll get one first and some change, no doubt in my mind we'll get that (or equivalent through players instead) if we tag and trade him.

Panthers fans are down on him because he didn't have the dominant season we expected and they purposefully sought out reasons to not want to pay him by focusing on his run defense struggles.

He played on a defense with no other edge rushers and had no offense so were constantly playing from behind, no pass rusher is going to put up elite numbers in that situation.  Opposing teams focused their pass blocking schemes on him with no fear of the rest of the defense, and most of the time he wasn't ever able to just pin his ears back and rush the passer with a lead.

Plenty of teams will be wiling to give up a 1st rounder for a known pass rusher of his ability and age, knowing that once they put him on a defense with better players and playing with a lead, he'll put up big sack numbers.

Panthers fans are the only group of people who don't think he's worth that, NFL GM's disagree with them.

Also, part of why a team will give that up, is his numbers this year likely dropped his contract demands to a more manageable level.  He'd make a lot more just playing on the tag this year, but I don't think he wants to risk it again for another season, he'll take his $25 million from a contender and be happy.

Edited by tukafan21

9 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

You gotta trade Burns for picks then in turn ship them for Aiyuk. Bring Curtis Samuel back in FA (I think he a FA). Plus I’d also kick the tyres on Fant with our Seachicken connections now 

I actually wonder if a trade with Seattle of Burns for DK would be on the table.

They just hired a DC as their new coach and have a need for pass rushers.

They just drafted JSN and have him on his rookie deal for a 3-4 more years, while DK is going to want a new contract next offseason, which they might not want to do.

I'd make a call if I was Morgan and look into it, but those are also the player we need to look into, same category as guys like Diggs, Tyreek, AJ Brown, the last few years, players nobody expected to be traded but their teams didn't want to give them a new deal.

Edited by tukafan21

14 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I actually wonder if a trade with Seattle of Burns for DK would be on the table.

They just hired a DC as their new coach and have a need for pass rushers.

They just drafted JSN and have him on his rookie deal for a 3-4 more years, while DK is going to want a new contract next offseason, which they might not want to do.

I'd make a call if I was Morgan and look into it, but those are also the player we need to look into, same category as guys like Diggs, Tyreek, AJ Brown, the last few years, players nobody expected to be traded but their teams didn't want to give them a new deal.

I would take Burns for Metcalf as long as Metcalf's contract isnt outrageous.