• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Craig Carton of FOX Sports: Bryce Young is not an NFL quarterback and never will be

1 minute ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Nevermind height, it’s about the FRAME of each.  Kyler’s a pretty big dude and a workout warrior.  Bryce is short but also very slight.  He needs to be hitting the weightroom hard this off-season.

Kyler and Wilson are light years ahead of young in regards to strength and athleticism 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Nevermind height, it’s about the FRAME of each.  Kyler’s a pretty big dude and a workout warrior.  Bryce is short but also very slight.  He needs to be hitting the weightroom hard this off-season.

Oh I completely agree. I've been saying all along if Bryce debuts at camp looking like a newer man he has a legitimate shot at turning this around. If he shows up looking mostly the same physically I'm scouting QB's for 2025. Straight up.

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Kyler and Wilson are light years ahead of young in regards to strength and athleticism 

How long have those two been in the nfl and working with professional strength and conditioning personnel? They should be.

Please don't make me defend the kid, it's not just you but some of these takes are getting out of hand.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Poo 1

That last pic, Young’s torso is longer and his legs look real short. He is just really small.

I don’t know what Murray ends up being but I would have stayed away from him too. I’d rather live with missing out on a guy than be saddled with a wasted pick and all that goes with that, because I ignored the reality of history and track record of these kind of outliers. And my eyes. 

Also the first time we played Murray he was physically impressive in his performance. He was cat quick even if he wasn’t big, and you knew you had to be careful with that or you are burned. 

There is nothing there to see with Young. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

How long have those two been in the nfl and working with professional strength and conditioning personnel? They should be.

Please don't make me defend the kid, it's not just you but some of these takes are getting out of hand.

I want him to succeed but he's going to really have to show he can survive the NFL.  I said before the draft last year that I would back whoever we chose.  Young is it and for our sake I hope the hell he shows he really is worthy of the #1 pick. 

His weight and his height are factors, not to mention he doesn't really have a great deep ball.  

I am pulling for him, but I am also ready to face that fact that he just doesn't have the build for a Franchise NFL QB.  

32 minutes ago, frankw said:

Not trying to argue one way or another here but can we be realistic about that measurement? Is it including the hair?

I mean looking at this he's actually even a little shorter than Kyler. If we're going to discuss this let's at least put all the cards on the table.

spacer.png

I get the theory about the hair but they actually put a pin through the players hair to get the official measures.  Pictures have different depths and angles but he was measured at "officially" 5'10" and 1/8.  The same as Murray.  Weight can fluctuate so it's easier to cheat with that but height just is what it is.  

It's kind of funny Mahomes was pissed they used the pin because he thought he had an extra inch with his hair.  

“I like to say 6’2 and ¼, you know the hair adds a little bit you know, alright, I was definitely 6’2 exactly at the combine. They went straight through the hair, I gotta have the hair up longer a little bit a little extra length and they just put a little pin straight through and got me.”

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So you are saying they were scrawny when they first came in the league? You know this isnt true right? lol

17 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I want him to succeed but he's going to really have to show he can survive the NFL.  I said before the draft last year that I would back whoever we chose.  Young is it and for our sake I hope the hell he shows he really is worthy of the #1 pick. 

His weight and his height are factors, not to mention he doesn't really have a great deep ball.  

I am pulling for him, but I am also ready to face that fact that he just doesn't have the build for a Franchise NFL QB.  

If you expect him to be the entire offense then you are going to be disappointed. Being the 1st player selected is not a reason to expect that he could make a up for everyone's else's responsibilities. 

Will he even make it in the nfl? I have no clue.  He had zero chance last season. I doubt his situation it will improve much this season so I have little faith he will. But I have no faith that this team has or will improve in any aspect anytime soon so there's that.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

Working out won't fix Young's amazing lack of physical ability. He isn't quick, he doesn't have a good arm and those two really make being small that much more of an issue. 

Young should be made fun of, he is the laughing stock of QBs and the NFL really right now even if it was a low effort hit piece. Miami signing Tua to a giant contact or the QB from USC making a giant ass out of himself in the draft process would sure help Young but as it stands he is a pinata in an extra small jersey. All those years of laughing about the Jets and Browns doing garbage moves and people here expect this team to get a pass because it's their team? I sure as hell would be laughing at Houston if they ended up with Bryce. I still will read it latter because laughing at Young is a lot more fun the believing he isn't a bust. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

please, they both came out uber talented with big arms and incredible scrambling ability.

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If you expect him to be the entire offense then you are going to be disappointed. Being the 1st player selected is not a reason to expect that he could make a up for everyone's else's responsibilities. 

Will he even make it in the nfl? I have no clue.  He had zero chance last season. I doubt his situation it will improve much this season so I have little faith he will. But I have no faith that this team has or will improve in any aspect anytime soon so there's that.

No, I never implied he would have to carry this offense.  It's why I think we have to have a great offensive line to protect him.  He was destined to fail last year that's for sure.  Bad free agent signing and terrible draft picks didn't help him whatsoever.

I am reserved on Canales and Morgan.  I am hoping they have a plan and will implement it and get good players here whether through the draft or free agency.