• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Would You Grade the 2023 Draft Now?

Hoenheim

The draft picks underperformed across the board, some massively underperformed. Add in the terrible, ill-advised trade and it was epically bad.

After it was done, we should have gotten hand-written thank you notes from the other 31 teams.

• Pie 2

On 2/22/2024 at 11:59 PM, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Mingo was absolutely one of the worst WRs I have ever seen. Another Panthers 2nd round WR flop. Look forward to pick 33!

IMO he was a reach when picked. There were better receivers on the board. It seems this franchise always wants to out think themselves. They come up with dumb schemes to do it too...like trading picks. 

• Beer 1

On 2/23/2024 at 3:55 PM, JawnyBlaze said:

F ***** minus. The only pick that’s not an F so far is Mingo. I’d give him a C-.  Didn’t see enough to completely trash the pick, effort seemed to be there, just no opportunities with the JV backup throwing him the ball. 

Tank Dell was just sitting there. Actually Dell, Jayden Reed, and Josh Downs were all sitting there and better picks so that was a F as well. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:17 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

As of right now? Worse than nothing. Like we would've literally been better off to have just sat it out. Gave our picks away. At least we would still have DJ Moore and #1 overall.

Yeah, I try to be optimistic, and I hope Bryce looks better with the new coaching staff, but woof. We could've just re-signed Darnold or started Dalton as a bridge QB, drafted Carter/Darnell Wright/Peter Skoronski with the 9th pick, kept DJ and probably get one of Williams/Maye/Daniels this year. Regardless of how this draft pans out (with the exception of Bryce becoming a superstar), the opportunity cost was massive and tracking to being an absolute disaster.

On 2/23/2024 at 4:48 AM, cardiackat88. said:

Name your top three players drafted since Tepper bought the team.....

Went back and...YIKES

1. Derrick Brown - far and away best player drafted under the Tepper regime

MASSIVE GAP

2. Jaycee Horn? Elite flashes when healthy but that's only like 30% of the time

3. ...Chubba Hubbard? Brady Christensen? 

• Beer 1

On 2/22/2024 at 11:17 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

As of right now? Worse than nothing. Like we would've literally been better off to have just sat it out. Gave our picks away. At least we would still have DJ Moore and #1 overall.

JFC, I never even thought of it that way but I agree. We could have done nothing and skipped all of our picks and been better off because we’d still have #1 overall, Moore and our 2025 2nd. Heck, we could have gone to any draft board and let it auto draft for us and it would have been way better. Probably would have gotten Jalen Carter and a TE/WR at our two 2nds (assuming Shitterer still trades CMC) not named Mingo.

3 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Went back and...YIKES

1. Derrick Brown - far and away best player drafted under the Tepper regime

MASSIVE GAP

2. Jaycee Horn? Elite flashes when healthy but that's only like 30% of the time

3. ...Chubba Hubbard? Brady Christensen? 

Brown was a Rhule/Hurney pick.

There isn’t a single pick in 3 Fitterer drafts where I’d say we want to extend that player on an 2nd deal and that we got plus value for the pick. You could say Hubbard or BC, but they are absolutely replacement level players and a guy like Hubbard is a backup on every team except the idiot team that thought Miles Sanders was worth the biggest RB FA deal.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Brown was a Rhule/Hurney pick.

There isn’t a single pick in 3 Fitterer drafts where I’d say we want to extend that player on an 2nd deal and that we got plus value for the pick. You could say Hubbard or BC, but they are absolutely replacement level players and a guy like Hubbard is a backup on every team except the idiot team that thought Miles Sanders was worth the biggest RB FA deal.

I was responding to the rankings of players drafted with Tepper as an owner. With Fitt as GM, yeah, it's looking pretty terribad.

3 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I was responding to the rankings of players drafted with Tepper as an owner. With Fitt as GM, yeah, it's looking pretty terribad.

Oh, I know. I just looked at it and laughed when Hurney took our only good player. The worst part is that even though I like Brown, damn it does suck that we were 1 pick from Herbert. While we’d have screwed up elsewhere having our QB issues resolved in 2020 would have been nice. We spent so much poo on QBs that could have been used elsewhere.

I can’t believe I’d ever say this, but Herbert might have saved Hurney’s job to avoid the worst GM ever.

Edited by WhoKnows