• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam newton

24 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Adults shooting adults in front of kids. Starting brawls in front of kids. 

are they building men or are they setting them up for future failure and criminal charges? They have an opportunity to be a positive influence and go and do this? That goes for both sides of the poo. 

That's a good question.

I would say the system is set up for them to fail. Growing up in poverty you can simply become a victim by your surroundings. People in the black community are forced to join gangs just to feel safe in their own neighborhood. When you have been raised in that type of environment and most kids have no father figure and are being raised by a single mom. They never had discipline from their father so they take this to random public events and this is what you get.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s @SizzleBuzz

Ahhh....Tepper personal shoe shine! 

@RayRedd

Tell us about how that Appaloosa model is working out? How is it to ball wash the worst owner in all of American major professional sports? 

Did you see him get dunked on so badly by Jacksonville fans that he threw a drink on a fan and fled like a coward? Is that part of the Appaloosa model?

I love Cam Newton.  For his time as a player, and I do enjoy his post career interviews and youtube.  Though I still hate his social media font.  I do have to be critical though of some of the conflict videos that come out when he's around a bunch of other football players and coaches.

For all that Cam is, he's still got thin parts of his skin.  He still get's really upset at certain issues and will pop off something inflammatory.  Like when he was getting ragged on by kids about the Super Bowl fumble and his response was "I'm rich."  There are aspects of his history and personality that, despite him being so out there and proud, are the tender underbelly of his ego.  Cam has to toughen up.

Cam is rich.  He's still an athletic marvel of a man.  He's got plenty of businesses and opportunities that most of us could never dream of.  He cannot let the mud and slings of the rest of humanity cause him to lose composure.  I've been teaching for 20 years.  Do I care if a kid calls me old or fat?  Nope, because they are immature kids who will be just as old and fat as I am in 30 years LOL.

I can't really comment on how one makes jokes or rags on folks at a 7 on 7.  I know when someone does something better, I give them credit and work on getting better.  Cam should remember it from his playing days: if you don't like the celebrations, stop me.  Just when they do, give them their credit and congratulations.

I've also had plenty of times in my career when I've had administrators or other teachers say things that embarrass me in front of my kids. I have never thought about raising my hands in anger.  If Cam Newton came in and was tearing me down, I still wouldn't throw punches at him.  If he puts his hands on a kid, I'm not going to fight him either, but I will get in the way.  I will stop that, but I won't escalate.  The reality is Cam has a LOT more to lose than I do.  If Cam punches me and breaks my jaw, you know who's getting sued?  Celebrity can be very fickle, and Cam ought to remember that when dealing with the common people of America.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's a good question.

I would say the system is set up for them to fail. Growing up in poverty you can simply become a victim by your surroundings. People in the black community are forced to join gangs just to feel safe in their own neighborhood. When you have been raised in that type of environment and most kids have no father figure and are being raised by a single mom. They never had discipline from their father so they take this to random public events and this is what you get.

Not a color issue, but young men not having a father (or reliable father figure) in their lives is the constant trend for so many young men that fail to live up to the standards needed in our society.  Black, white or purple.  All the same. 

that’s not a shot a single mom’s but the facts are the facts on that.  That’s a shot at men for disappearing and not being men. 

• Pie 1

On 2/26/2024 at 11:27 PM, CPcavedweller said:

Adults shooting adults in front of kids. Starting brawls in front of kids. 

are they building men or are they setting them up for future failure and criminal charges? They have an opportunity to be a positive influence and go and do this? That goes for both sides of the poo. 

Exactly.

There's always an instigator, and in this case, it is very uncomfortable for the self-proclaimed cognoscente to admit who that person is...

On 2/27/2024 at 12:01 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

People in the black community are forced to join gangs just to feel safe in their own neighborhood.

Is "people" a reference to young black males?

On 2/27/2024 at 12:01 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

When you have been raised in that type of environment and most kids have no father figure and are being raised by a single mom.

Are you suggesting this is the norm?  If so, why is it the norm?

36 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:
54 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

Is "people" a reference to young black males? Are you suggesting this is the norm?  If so, why is it the norm?

Ray Ray why are you repeating what I said as a question?

No.

That said, do you really believe that "people in the black community are forced to join gangs just to feel safe"...?

Edited by RayRedd

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:
22 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

No.  That said, do you really believe that "people in the black community are forced to join gangs just to feel safe"...?

Ray Ray are you from Summerhill?

Again, do you really believe that "people in the black community are forced to join gangs just to feel safe"...?

Edited by RayRedd