• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings might trade Jefferson

JawnyBlaze

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That can be true for the player as well. You don't think Jefferson makes this offense a lot better?

We have traded away all our elite talent. That has got us the worst record in football. People wonder why we aren't relevant because we have no elite players.

You look at the 49ers roster and how they pay multiple elite players, but you're telling me we can't afford 1 elite player?

the team isn't bad because it lacks elite players. this team is bad because it lacks even good players.

we have to spend to get good players in here. once we've got a good base, then we can start talking about elite players. 

this year isn't about making us a playoff team. this year is about getting the team built the right way and i really don't think throwing everything we've got at one player is going to fix us. 

even olson said/warned about this... we aren't one player away, so don't fall into this trap that if we just get this one player then we'll be ok. we won't be. 

i know you probably like shiny expensive objects and have no problem buying them. but when you are working from a deficit, you've got to be a lot smarter with your money and some times that means not buying the shiny nice things so you get get more of the necessities you need to get by.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

the team isn't bad because it lacks elite players. this team is bad because it lacks even good players.

we have to spend to get good players in here. once we've got a good base, then we can start talking about elite players. 

this year isn't about making us a playoff team. this year is about getting the team built the right way and i really don't think throwing everything we've got at one player is going to fix us. 

even olson said/warned about this... we aren't one player away, so don't fall into this trap that if we just get this one player then we'll be ok. we won't be. 

i know you probably like shiny expensive objects and have no problem buying them. but when you are working from a deficit, you've got to be a lot smarter with your money and some times that means not buying the shiny nice things so you get get more of the necessities you need to get by.

I never mentioned anything about playoffs. I know this team lacks talent. I'm just saying we can't afford to spend on 1 elite player?

Bryce is on his rookie contract. Why not spend big on a player that can actually help him.

One of the best elite WR's in years and he will only be turning 25 this summer? Definitely kick the tires.

But he also has to want to be here. I mean the Vikings aren't exactly a top notch destination but we're in the cellar until proven otherwise.

I know and I understand why people don't want to hear it because many of us want instant results but if we are going to turn this around it's going to have to be via very good drafting.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

One of the best elite WR's in years and he will only be turning 25 this summer? Definitely kick the tires.

But he also has to want to be here. I mean the Vikings aren't exactly a top notch destination but we're in the cellar until proven otherwise.

I know and I understand why people don't want to hear it because many of us want instant results but if we are going to turn this around it's going to have to be via very good drafting.

I think he's made it clear he wants to get paid. If he's seriously available we should pursue it.