• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Division Talk: Falcons are heavy favorites to land Justin Fields

6 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Poles got a 1st out of Atlanta. 

That would be a coup, and Chicago with 3 1st rounders in the top 10, one of which would obviously be a QB... what a golden situation. 

Chicago isn't getting a 1st for Fields... If people aren't busting down the door to trade for him now, the closer they get to their self-imposed deadline the less likely they are to get a 1st. I say they get a 2nd/3rd and a mixed bag of picks in the later rounds. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

I was thinking maybe a 2025 first and a second this year. Something like that

juan posted some of latest talk. I think pft also posted that it will take either a 2 or 3 this year and a future pick tied to if he signs a deal with the same team. Sorta like the riley deal in jax. I think that way too.

Just what sorta price do you sign fields at?? 40 million per, thats a hard one as well. 

@Varking get in here and defend your boy!

Edited by Basbear

1 minute ago, Steelo said:

Chicago isn't getting a 1st for Fields... If people aren't busting down the door to trade for him now, the closer they get to their self-imposed deadline the less likely they are to get a 1st. I say they get a 2nd/3rd and a mixed bag of picks in the later rounds. 

They got a first + Dj Moore for Byrce Young. 

2 minutes ago, Steelo said:

Maybe the bigger issue is, you have to extend fields too. Thats one 40 million per type issue. 40per @ 5years, so 200 million ....man thats rough to do

2 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

They got a first + Dj Moore for Byrce Young. 

They got a 1st and DJ Moore for the right to pick at 1.

The powers to be that chose Bryce made it a better trade for them.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Maybe the bigger issue is, you have to extend fields too. Thats one 40 million per type issue. 40per @ 5years, so 200 million ....man thats rough to do

Damn, I actually forgot about that too... they might get even less if another team just calls their bluff and waits them out. 

9 minutes ago, Steelo said:

Damn, I actually forgot about that too... they might get even less if another team just calls their bluff and waits them out. 

Yea, I got no clue how this plays out. Again I was no fan of his, but he played better each month. Hes still young and the going rate for average starter QB pay is around 40 million. Thats super hard to commit that coin to fields. 

The reports were many teams were calling about him, lies......if you look into who can write that 200 million or find some team that thinks hes worth it forget about the picks..

One of the deals were this move will cause a 9.0 earthquake in the NFL. 

With ATL, you can hand the ball to two stud RBs 40 times and look great doing so. 

Edited by Basbear

25 minutes ago, KSpan said:

That would be a coup, and Chicago with 3 1st rounders in the top 10, one of which would obviously be a QB... what a golden situation. 

I don't see Atl giving up a 1st for Fields.  I think a team ends up getting a good deal on him in terms of a trade.... considering everyone will know Chicago has to get rid of him and then you have to pay him.