• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Officially Entering My Vote for WR Keon Coleman

This guy will give Bryce a big target to throw to and many yards after the catch with his freakish size/strength, he will shrug off tacklers.  One arm catch is normal for him.  If hes there at 33, he better be a panther.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

He ran a 4.6 yesterday.  2nd worst time of all WRs.  That ain’t what we need IMO.   Not at 33.  Not with all the speed and good WRs in this draft 

yeah but he had the fastest time in the guantlet.  catching balls.  which is what matters.  how fast someone runs in tights, doesnt matter in the NFL.

• Pie 7

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Martin said:

How is his ability to separate and getting open? 

he does that vertically.  Bryce needs a big target, especially over the middle.  Carolina hasnt had a decent TE in a long time.  This guy is a WR with a TE body.  He can go up and get it. 

Edited by chknwing
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, chknwing said:

yeah but he had the fastest time in the guantlet.  catching balls.  which is what matters.  how fast someone runs in tights, doesnt matter in the NFL.

40 time is distinctively different from the ability to separate. The tape will tell the story on that. 

I don’t love him as a prospect, TBH.

Also, our history with FSU players is pretty bad. As I said in another thread, I am just fine never taking another FSU player again.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

24 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Think he was trying to make up for such a bad 40.  It’s why he couldn’t cut up field on the last ball and ran off field. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

40 time is distinctively different from the ability to separate. The tape will tell the story on that. 

I don’t love him as a prospect, TBH.

Also, our history with FSU players is pretty bad. As I said in another thread, I am just fine never taking another FSU player again.

Speed and seperation isnt all a wr needs.  Carolina was pretty bad at catching the ball and dropping it.  This guy is as sure handed as it gets.

Just now, chknwing said:

Speed and seperation isnt all a wr needs.  Carolina was pretty bad at catching the ball and dropping it.  This guy is as sure handed as it gets.

Separation is critical in the modern NFL. It's great that he is sure handed but so is someone like McConkey who also gets separation with regularity. 

This smacks of Prime Cam "Get him tall WR's" strategy. The modern NFL thrives on separation and creating in space. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Separation is critical in the modern NFL. It's great that he is sure handed but so is someone like McConkey who also gets separation with regularity. 

This smacks of Prime Cam "Get him tall WR's" strategy. The modern NFL thrives on separation and creating in space. 

I would say the modern NFL also uses big guys to catch the ball.  Look at Kelce and Kittle.  granted both TE's but were not gonna find one of them in this draft.

I would like the pick but regardless of if we pick him or not, we definitely need a WR who can go get the 50/50 ball. 

My pro comp for Coleman is Tee Higgins.

I'm a little concerned about the 40 time but I'm sure he'll have the typical pro day improvement that everyone has when they run a bad 40 at the combine. 

6 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I would say the modern NFL also uses big guys to catch the ball.  Look at Kelce and Kittle.  granted both TE's but were not gonna find one of them in this draft.

You basically alluded to that. That's creating a different sort of mismatch at TE. Not the same thing.

There is a reason there aren't a lot of tall and limited possession receivers that are popular in modern NFL offenses. It's a different era. 

I don’t think this specific prospect offers much different than TMJ or Mingo.