• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns Franchise Tagged

shaq

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

What about a 3rd pick? Some NFL asshole intimated that Burns was only worth a 3rd pick which is likely the reason for her post from the get-go

well, let's say you were interested in Burns.  The goal would be to bargain down the price.   So heck, why not claim he is worth a 4th.   I don't think anyone thinks he is.  But if the Panthers want a 1...and you want to give a 2....you start off talking about a 3rd. 

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

What about a 3rd pick? Some NFL asshole intimated that Burns was only worth a 3rd pick which is likely the reason for her post from the get-go

she is clearly being fed info from Burns side or another team because everyone under the sun knows burns is going to go for more then that.  Hell Chase young got a 3rd in the middle of the season with his contract expiring.  She is either too stupid to know she is getting played or simply compliant in relaying false info.   And without going through her twitter timeline I am pretty sure she has done this before. 

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

she is clearly being fed info from Burns side or another team because everyone under the sun knows burns is going to go for more then that.  Hell Chase young got a 3rd in the middle of the season with his contract expiring.  She is either too stupid to know she is getting played or simply compliant in relaying false info.   And without going through her twitter timeline I am pretty sure she has done this before. 

I mean, in her post she talks about the bargaining aspect of mentioning a 3rd.  Not that it's his actual value.  It's the bargaining of talking the Panthers out of the 1 they are likely starting talks off with. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, in her post she talks about the bargaining aspect of mentioning a 3rd.  Not that it's his actual value.  It's the bargaining of talking the Panthers out of the 1 they are likely starting talks off with. 

I’ve heard some league sources say third-round compensation is fair for Burns if the acquiring team is also giving him a long-term deal, but that asking for 1-Plus is definitely too much for them.

I guess we are reading it differently because it clearly reads as a team/agent spewing poo to JA and her posting it.   I dont think any other writer/insider has gotten on board with this either as its complete horse poo.  She is either completely lying about what she was told or is a complete dumbass if she believes that and doesnt understand she is being played

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I’ve heard some league sources say third-round compensation is fair for Burns if the acquiring team is also giving him a long-term deal, but that asking for 1-Plus is definitely too much for them.

I guess we are reading it differently because it clearly reads as a team/agent spewing poo to JA and her posting it.   I dont think any other writer/insider has gotten on board with this either as its complete horse poo.  She is either completely lying about what she was told or is a complete dumbass if she believes that and doesnt understand she is being played

yeah, but the other post that was shared of hers above has her going into detail about the bargaining of getting the Panthers off a 1.   That's being ignored IMO. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, let's say you were interested in Burns.  The goal would be to bargain down the price.   So heck, why not claim he is worth a 4th.   I don't think anyone thinks he is.  But if the Panthers want a 1...and you want to give a 2....you start off talking about a 3rd. 

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

True, but he should do it in negotiations and not via the media, so he's still an asshole.👍🏽

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Idiot Facepalm GIF

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

not sure what that means ^, but if that was your business and your credibility is key to said business would you put something out, even if you were told by a "source" that you knew was 100% factually wrong?

That's my issue. No other reporter has reported this and they probably wouldn't even if they were told it because they know it's disingenuous to suggest the market for Burns is around a 3rd rounder. Her reporting it makes it seem like there's an ulterior motive rather than her just doing her job.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

That's my issue. No other reporter has reported this and they probably wouldn't even if they were told it because they know it's disingenuous to suggest the market for Burns is around a 3rd rounder. Her reporting it makes it seem like there's an ulterior motive rather than her just doing her job.

This is some sad stuff. Cmon my guy it's not even that serious. 

51 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

not sure what that means ^, but if that was your business and your credibility is key to said business would you put something out, even if you were told by a "source" that you knew was 100% factually wrong?

Dude, nothing was factually wrong. You need to stop saying that.  It's all just an example and theory. 

4 hours ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I'm not saying the Panthers would get Deshaun Watson type trade compensation, but a single 3rd is a bit ridiculous. As I have said before, a couple of day 2 picks is reasonable. For those needing an Edge this season, who else are they going to go after? Franchise tagged Josh Allen? 31 year old Shaq Barrett? 31 year old Leonard Floyd? Bust Chase Young? Or trade into the top 10 to draft Dallas Turner? 

Burns on a long term deal for some day 2 picks is completely reasonable for a team in the Edge market.

Why not any of those players? And more. Josh Allen balled out during his 5th year option, and hasn’t turned down 27M/yr. Burns played to stay healthy. Huff, Hunter, Grenard, etc…. Many can duplicate Burns production at a fraction of the price. If he’s worth what he wants, why don’t the Panthers give it to him? No picks involved there. But another team should pay him and the Panthers?

IMG_0044.gif.d41b26fb00c8a7b139363fb36002e07d.gif

• Flames 2